Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

What would ruined the future sequels of this film? The illegal download of the movie.  :(

Angry Vince

Quote from: Goaty on 24 January, 2012, 08:41:38 AM

What would ruined the future sequels of this film?

Scojo swapping the reels for his own fan film!
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

CYCLOPZ

Apparently Dredd has some new competition:

Relativity also pushed back the Jennifer Lawrence-starrer House at the End of the Street from April 20th to September 21st. The horror thriller will go up against Dredd and Hotel Transylvania on the new release date.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=86242

JOE SOAP

I wouldn't call that competition.

Gonk

Thanks Joe.

I was going to say something like that but didn't want to be accused of being shallow. :lol:
coming at a cinema near you soon

Fuzzed

Jennifer Lawrence? I have no idea who that is.

Hotel Transylvania? Again, no idea, except it sounds vampish and oh my lord, will they not die already?!! I have had it up to - here - with vamps. Despite the fact I didn't like Priest much, it was still the best vamp movie just for the post-apocalyptic vibe, the barren desserts, walled cities, steampunkish gear and, more importantly, total downlow on smouldering vamps in silk and whatnots.

I hope the dvd release is packed with specials ala LOTR style. I doubt it but I'm hoping desperately for it. I want to see at least an hour spent on Dredd's helmet alone. Commentary of course, but a choice with the option to hear the director/prods/Anthony Dod etc, another with the actors. Wagner and others behind the comic would be good too, but failing that, a special on them alone.

Fuzzed

Deserts!

*joins the edit-button-pitchfork-posse*

TordelBack

Quote from: Fuzzed on 24 January, 2012, 11:48:29 AM
Jennifer Lawrence? I have no idea who that is.

The young Mystique from X-Men: First Class.  She purdy.

Goaty

Jennifer Lawrence, of X-Men First Class, but House at the End of the Street is not competition for Dredd!

Joe Soap, cant believe what I read on Empire Forum about Dredd today, how still annoyed was Scojo!

radiator

While Wagner has been positive about the film, the most recent statements from him seem to me somewhat lukewarm - cautiously optimistic rather than high praise. It's hard to tell, as Wagner tends to talk in a very even-handed way - it can be hard to discern, but the I didn't find as much to get excited about in the LA Times interview as many others.

The confirmation of reshoots is a little worrying also (and might lend a bit of credence to the 'creative differences' rumours - I assumed they were just filming pickups in London rater than reshoots. I wonder if Travis was involved?

Teivion

'Reshoots' doesnt actually mean they have ditched a whole setup, no matter how good your storyboard and DOP etc etc there is always a chance of something missed, and not an indication of anything negative going on.

To me it shows they are polishing rather than just working with what they have got .....

Anyone reflecting on the rather lukewarm comments about the behind the scenes 'news' ought to watch 'The Making Of RoboCop' as an example of on set problems etc often meaning sod all to the success of the finished film.

Over budget, over deadline, and the first action film by a 'new' director, the set was frequented by the financers worried over their investment, and a horrid place to work, esp in the 110 odd degrees heat of the set.

The suit was taken one direction only to be redesigned at the last minute, a result of which meant the SFX artist (Rob Bottin) behind it wouldnt even speak to the Director. The suit itself only arrived on set the day of the first day of filming- and took a further 11 hours to finish fit over Peter Weller. He'd trained his robot movements with a choreographer for months only to find that with the suit on all the training wouldnt work.
The suit was considered pivotal point of the film, dont forget.

Oh- and dont forget the reshoots and delays The Predator went through when the original design of suit failed to perform on site..

Read Luc Besson's The Fifth Element book and you would think he hated every moment on set ( he prob did)

Most of the crew hated Ridley Scott while shooting Blade Runner

None of them turned out as bad movies....

Spaceghost

I think people have got a tendency to fear the worst at the drop of a hat about the new Dredd film. I didn't read any negativity into John Wagner's comments at all. I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic about it all.

Quote from: Teivion on 24 January, 2012, 03:22:45 PM

...except the Fifth Element, that was a pile of shit.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 24 January, 2012, 03:44:54 PM

Report to Mek-Quake for 'reconditioning', earthlet.

James Stacey

Quote from: Teivion on 24 January, 2012, 03:22:45 PM

Just goes to show how its all subjective.

Goaty

Nah, it's awsome! Very simple of Mega-City and Police uniforms to Judges!