Main Menu

Judge Death and The Dark Judges in a future film?

Started by HunterZolomon, 29 May, 2012, 11:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterZolomon

Quote from: darnmarr on 14 June, 2012, 04:32:36 AM
'Twas probably wrong of me to repeat meself, I just reckoned the thread had gone down a 'batman/realism route that wasn't addressing the salient points of Death's worth as a character.
I reckon you get me Hunter and I reckon get you so this will be my last post on this thread.

Yes, I think so too. It is obvious we value/view Judge Death as a concept in the Dredd universe very differently, and we both have been pretty thourough in our argumentation. I appreciate the politeness and candor.

darnmarr

I'm breaking my promise now, but as it's off-topic I reckon what-the-hey? Cheers Hunter; Rational opposition should always be regarded as a compliment, and it was remiss of me to never acknowledge the very cool imagery you started the thread with. Happy trails my friend, and yes, it's three o'clock in the morning and I'm out of my gourd,- but no less sincere for that.

HunterZolomon

Since rumours of the DJs in a sequel are getting stronger I had some inspiration today so I thought I'd post my dream teaser for Dredd 3 in this thread:

-------------------------

Camera pans over Mega City 1. The sun is going down, twilight. There are several pillars of smoke rising from the city. We hear the sound of crackling fire, embers drift in the breeze. We zoom closer towards a demolished block. Piles of bodies litter the ground, many of them still burning, some just smoldering ashes.

An eerie rasping voice whispers: -This city is guilty.

We pan across more bodies, this time some close-ups of faces. They look as if they died of fright, trails of dried blood run from their eyes.

A different voice, a deep echo from far away: -The crime is life.

Even more bodies are piled up, men and women, young and old. They are in various states of decay, some missing entire parts of their bodies that have melted away. Maggots and insects swarm across them.

Yet another voice, this time a beastly gurgling sound: -The sentence is...

The camera now shows us children, dead children brutally slaughtered in the street. It stops over a small boy clutching a cuddly toy, his heart has been torn out.

The screen turns black! In the darkness, decayed, rotting lips part across a wide rictus grin. The thing licks its teeth and whispers: -Death.

We cut to Dredd and Anderson standing amidst the carnage, looking up towards the camera. With grim determination the two judges aim their Lawgivers towards the audience. Four menacing shadows (one is partly burning) close in on them.

Cut to title:

DREDD 3
The Dark Judges

---------------------------

You know you want it! Thoughts?