Main Menu

If DREDD is a success

Started by Beeks, 12 July, 2012, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex The Runt

Rogue Trooper - original arc with bio chip buddies and traitor general.

That is all

@roguetrooper815

Steve Green

I would love to see Zombo, I don't know if it could ever match Henry's visuals - but I think it would go down well.

CYCLOPZ

I still say Djimon Hounsou for Rogue.

blackmocco

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 13 July, 2012, 01:30:20 PM
Quote from: Beeks on 13 July, 2012, 09:18:29 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 13 July, 2012, 07:57:58 AM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 12 July, 2012, 11:49:48 PM
Im trying to fix an actor for sam slade at the moment, but am having difficulty.

No contest: Nathan Fillion. He has the same sort avuncular charm that would have made James Garner the perfect choice thirty years ago...

Cheers

Jim

Like I've mentioned before..Ted Danson was always Slade for me..he's cracking on abit now though which is a shame

Correct.

Ian Gibson might as well have been drawing him into the strip, they looked so similar. I think it was just a coincidence and being as I was way too young at the time to remember the correct Dates, but I'm sure Robo-Hunter predated Cheers by a couple of years.

Nah, it's about right. I always felt the same way. To be honest, I always felt Slade should be animated. Gibson's designs are just so fucking beautiful and his style just lends itself to being animated. Go watch Robots and see what I mean. Imagine a Verdus just populated with that stuff. Tom Selleck can provide the voice.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: blackmocco on 13 July, 2012, 03:26:13 PM
To be honest, I always felt Slade should be animated. Gibson's designs are just so fucking beautiful and his style just lends itself to being animated.

I very much agree.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

PreacherCain

Walking Dead now accounts for 50% of Diamond Bookstore Sales...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/06/25/walking-dead-represents-half-of-diamond-bookstore-sales/

It's an absolute monster in sales since the TV show started.

opaque

Apart from transferring 2000ad characters to the small or big screen I don't know how much could change, hopefully more readers, for the GN's if not 2000ad itself maybe?
I'd love loads of merchandising but I can't see it happening and 2000ad Dredd merchandise isn't the same as the movie Dredd is he (different badge for a start)

PreacherCain

One point I'll make is that you can still buy 2000AD in newagents all over the UK and Ireland. It's not's just available exclusively in comic shops nor is it ridiculously expensive like a lot of US Big Two comics. I do think 2000AD could increase its audience in UK/Ireland through the film because it's more visible to the public.

I started reading 2000AD when I'd heard they were making a Judge Dredd film in '93 (or whenever it was announced, around prog 950 anyway) and saw JD on the cover in a newsagents. So, you know, it can work  :P

Rex The Runt

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 13 July, 2012, 02:43:35 PM

Done.

Worlds first concept art right here...
@roguetrooper815

Goaty

Quote from: Rex The Runt on 13 July, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

Done.

Horrible, burn it!

Fisticuffs

Danbo

Quote from: Rex The Runt on 13 July, 2012, 02:01:59 PM
Rogue Trooper - original arc with bio chip buddies and traitor general.

That is all
THIS.
A futuristic cross between the first 20 minutes of Saving Private Ryan/Black Hawk Down and Bourne.Please no Sam Worthington though.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Goaty on 13 July, 2012, 09:18:28 PM
Quote from: Rex The Runt on 13 July, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

Done.

Horrible, burn it!

I beg to differ. Nicely done in my opinion.

Much better than Worthington.

Danbo

48 years old now though,sequels and all that.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

blackmocco

Quote from: PreacherCain on 13 July, 2012, 06:56:30 PM
One point I'll make is that you can still buy 2000AD in newagents all over the UK and Ireland. It's not's just available exclusively in comic shops nor is it ridiculously expensive like a lot of US Big Two comics. I do think 2000AD could increase its audience in UK/Ireland through the film because it's more visible to the public.

I started reading 2000AD when I'd heard they were making a Judge Dredd film in '93 (or whenever it was announced, around prog 950 anyway) and saw JD on the cover in a newsagents. So, you know, it can work  :P

Unfortunately 2000ad is next to impossible to find on a shelf here in the US and when you do find it, it's four years out of date and $10 a copy.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com