Main Menu

If DREDD is a success

Started by Beeks, 12 July, 2012, 09:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Ebay,saves me getting off my arse.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

opaque

Digital versions help for those people interested in such stuff

HdE

Does nobody want ABC Warriors in a cinema near them, this summer? Or next summer? or whenever?

Just don;t let Michael bay near it - [shudder].
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

James Stacey

Can we change the name of this thread. It's misleading.

darnmarr

When I hear people, (who have seen it ), say things like:"Forget about the Stallone film" I can only conclude that Dredd already has succeeded, artistically at least.

Beaky Smoochies

There was a Stallone film?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

O Lucky Stevie!

Roger's Mom will have to start taking party bookings.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

mejustnow

Quote from: HdE on 16 July, 2012, 09:47:53 AM
Does nobody want ABC Warriors in a cinema near them, this summer? Or next summer? or whenever?

Just don;t let Michael bay near it - [shudder].
yes yes yes.
A while ago my friends and I were dream casting voice actors for the warriors. Forgotten most of them now but Vin Diesel voicing Joe Pineapples always stuck in my head. Maybe Alan Rickman for Deadlock?
SMUSHY PEAS!!!

Stan

If we're talking mega budgets then I'd like to see Nemesis. Otherwise I look forward to Zack Snyder's slo mo ridden Rogue Trooper.

Stan

Quote from: blackmocco on 14 July, 2012, 03:05:35 PMUnfortunately 2000ad is next to impossible to find on a shelf here in the US and when you do find it, it's four years out of date and $10 a copy.

Besides WHSmiths and comic shops I don't see it over here either (UK). There's lots of Marvel/DC stuff but even those look like watered down kiddy versions.

Danbo

My local Smiths doesn't stock it,small branch though in a small town,but still  :(
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Stan

Mind you, that was years back. They've probably purged 2000AD from the shelves along with their DVD and music section on the next floor. I felt kinda silly asking where they moved the DVDs and being told that floor was closed off five years ago.

Diminished Responsibility

If DREDD is successful I hope it is used as a platform to launch other titles, specifically a PG-13 film or two, 2000AD doesn't need more adults coming from hard R movies, it needs more kids.

When I was growing up in the 80s pretty much all the kids I hung out with knew of 2000AD, I've worked with kids a lot and I don't remember a single one knowing of Dredd beyond the 95 movie, a good PG-13 could change that.

(My preference would be Sam Raimi to do Robo-Hunter, with Bruce "the chin" Campbell in the main role! haha!)

But seriously, Robo-Hunter and Ro-Busters are really good products that could bring many young people to 2000AD (and not forgetting merchandising!!!).  These characters and worlds are far superior to films like Transformers.

And if they got a hit with something like Ro-Busters... ABC Warriors for a sequel?
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

SmallBlueThing

I like the idea of a sam raimi directed, bruce campbell starring robo hunter movie VERY MUCH INDEED!

SBT

CYCLOPZ

Yes that's a very good idea, in fact that's perfect, now somebody get the ball rolling on that one.