Main Menu

2000AD Art Portfolios

Started by ming, 31 August, 2012, 01:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

The following suggestion is partly a consequence of looking at some of the old Titan books covers recently (and knowing that the original art for one of McMahon's just popped up and £10k+ was offered for it very quickly)...

How about portfolios containing some classic covers (Prog or otherwise)?

If good enough reproduction could be arranged, these could be fairly high-end, limited edition affairs and could focus on a selection of classic Titan or Prog covers.  If there was scope for a series of portfolios, they could be arranged thematically, covering different periods of 2000AD history, or characters, artists, etc.  Plenty of possibilities for putting some interesting collections of images together.

To be honest, I'm unsure what has been previously released along these lines, so maybe I'm just being dim.  Anyway, given the ever-rising prices associated with original art, and the scarcity, it might be an opportunity to get more Thrill Power on walls...

Large48

Rebellion did this with a McMahon centre spread as plenty of people on the forum said yes I'd have one of those and I think they have sold about 3 of them............  :(
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

ming

What centrespread was it?  And when were these out?  And were you one of the three?  (I'm assuming the other two copies are in a cellar somewhere...)

opaque

Problem is if they cost £75 or £150+ each you wonder what the benefit is over buying a good original copy of the dredd and putting it in a frame.

I'd rather spend that £150 on several GN's than something that is basically a poster.

pauljholden

Eek! Mind you, imagine one of those IDW original art editions of sky chariots...

SuperSurfer

Quote from: pauljholden on 19 September, 2012, 10:40:41 PM
Eek! Mind you, imagine one of those IDW original art editions of sky chariots...
The Daredevil one is just stunning. If only I had 100 spare quids. 

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 20 September, 2012, 01:23:15 AM
Quote from: pauljholden on 19 September, 2012, 10:40:41 PM
The Daredevil one is just stunning. If only I had 100 spare quids.

Oh my oh my that would be wonderful if that existed (the Slaine book). The trouble is as Supersurfer, from a purely selfish point of view it'd just be a beautiful thing I couldn't justify owning at the moment. Still knowing it existed (if this fantasy land you understand) would give me hope and aspiration for the future!