2000 AD > Announcements

IMPORTANT: Emergency Message Board now available

(1/6) > >>

NikolaiDante:
Hi All,

In an effort to cut-down on the time it takes to sort out an outage on this site and to reduce the onset of ThrillSucker infestation, I have created (with Wake's assistance) an Emergency Message Board.

You can access this at : http://www.shergold.org:2000

Please use this ONLY in an emergency as ALL posts are not just displayed on the page but are emailed to me and I also get an SMS sent to my phone.

If there is an outage or other serious problem please consult the board to see if :

* The problem has already been posted

* I (or Wake) have posted a response.

You use the message board in exactly the same way as normal, using your username & password. Please note these are case-sensitive.

We have tested it! (thanks to Mecha-Bou & garywilkinson for sending some messages)

Any feedback on the usefulness would be helpful.

Barny Shergold

karne:
Crikey Barny! That's a biggun!

Wake:
How about setting it so that we both get emailed if the gap between the current post and the most recent previous post is at least a day, but not otherwise. That would mean that during outages people could post on it without feeling guilty for clogging up your phone.

Wake

Wake:
And I'll take a dim view of anyone who starts playing about with html in thread titles, just because they can.

Wake

Wake:
Sorry for deleting your message on the Test thread, Oddboy.

I've just disabled html from thread titles and created a new admin category which automatically gives a larger title. Only 7 users can access it, 2 of which have only ever posted 1 message between them on the board.

Wake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version