Main Menu

Question about Titan Rogue Trooper reprint.

Started by SmallBlueThing, 23 February, 2014, 02:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Hey all, I'm looking at picking up the old Titan Rogue books (the thin ones, not the omnibus versions as I prefer the design), due to the superior print quality. We're there only six? And was it a straight run with no omissions? Where did they stop? And finally, at what point would I need to get the recent phonebooks to complete it?
Ta.

SBT

hippynumber1

I remember them missing the 'odd' artists 1 and 2 parters - so Mike Dorey, Boluda and, strangely, I think they missed 'Bagman Blues'! Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be...

Van Dom

SBT I have books one and two here gathering dust, pm me your addy and Ill pop them in the post to you mate.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

SmallBlueThing

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SmallBlueThing

Heh. That reminds me of the 2000ad club we had when I was twelve. To get in, you had to recite the Ace Trucking "poem" from beginning to end, to prove you were a squaxx. "I was boiling down the mainlane shrugging jeckyl by the mil, with hordes of creepy jeepies on my back", etc.

SBT

I, Cosh

Barney has the answers you're looking for. Titan books 1-5 print up to Milli-Com Memories, with the following omissions (all of which are in Rogue Case Files 1):

Poison 2 episodes (Progs 242 to 243) Artist: Mike Dorey
The Petrified Forest 4 episodes (Progs 254 to 257) Artist: Mike Dorey
Major Magnum Prologue 1 episode (Prog 311) Artist: Brett Ewins
Major Magnum 4 episodes (Progs 312 to 315) Artist: Brett Ewins
Bigfoot 1 episode (Prog 316) Artist: Cam Kennedy

After that the final Titan volume, Future Wars, only reprints Colonel Kovert and Message from Milli-Com so there's loads of stuff you'll only get in the second phonebook.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Well wow. Just checked out that linkie thinking there was some great covers in the series and did not know that one of them was by the mighty Walt Simonson! Bloomin' heck.

SmallBlueThing

Cheers, guys. I couldn't get Barney to work yesterday.  I'm not really fan enough of the rogue stories to justify the shelf space or cost of the phonebooks, and just want the early stuff in the beat format possible, plus the Ortiz run.  So these will do me fine for starters!

SBT

Recrewt

Yeah, the titan trades are great but the big issue is that they are patchy in what they cover.  It's not as bad as Nemesis with it's missing book 2 but you still won't see the Traitor General get his commupence in these books.  So, as Cosh has already mentioned - you will need to pick up the second phone book for this. 

Trout

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 February, 2014, 06:08:00 PM
Heh. That reminds me of the 2000ad club we had when I was twelve. To get in, you had to recite the Ace Trucking "poem" from beginning to end, to prove you were a squaxx. "I was boiling down the mainlane shrugging jeckyl by the mil, with hordes of creepy jeepies on my back", etc.

SBT

You, sir, was borned a jockbox genius.