General Chat > Music

Napalm Death, Apex Predator - Easy Meat!

(1/6) > >>

NapalmKev:
The Masters of Grind/Extreme Metal are back, and this time they're Angry!  ;)

Apex Predator - Easy Meat is the 15th Studio Album from Napalm Death and they've really gone Mental this Time!

Now I'm a massive fan of ND but objectivity is the key here so I'll try not be Biased, but Fuck Me, this really is a Fantastic Album! Even surpassing my previous favourite, Enemies of the Music Business.

The title track, Apex... was a bit of a shock when I first listened to it. It reminds me a bit of "Multinational Corporations" from the album F.E.T.O, with Clanging Drums and Vocals ranging from 'Monk-like' chanting to all out Angry Shouts, but it also has a deep Broodiness to it thanks to some Excellent Bass work by the bands longest serving member, Shane Embury.

And then it Kicks right off!

Smash a Single Digit is Brutally fast and Short, much like the album itself. I got the Special Edition with 3 extra tracks bringing the total to 17 songs. 48 mins in total, but it covers a fair bit of musical ground in that time.

Most of the Tracks are insanely fast and short but still have a surprising amount of layers thanks to Excellent Production and the Band itself being on Top form. Having said that, one of the best Tracks is Slow Burning Dirge fest Dear Slum Landlord.

A Genuine 10/10 from me. Easily Surpassing anything they've done before and still managing to make Diverse/Extreme music something more than the Cliché it seems to be becoming with the more modern Bands of the Genre!

Cheers

Mark Taylor:
Hmph, they sold out when they started bringing out albums with fewer than 25 tracks. ;)

auxlen:
My favourite ND album is fear, emptiness, despair. I've been unimpresed with recent efforts so will check it out on your say so.  :)

NapalmKev:

--- Quote from: auxlen on 07 February, 2015, 06:13:33 PM ---My favourite ND album is fear, emptiness, despair. I've been unimpresed with recent efforts so will check it out on your say so.  :)

--- End quote ---

In complete contrast; I find Fear, Emptiness, and Despair as one of my least favorite Albums by the band (although it does boast some very good songs).

Let me know how you get on with Apex...

Cheers

DaveGYNWA:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version