General Chat > Off Topic

The Black Dog Thread

<< < (134/149) > >>

Rara Avis:
Could you file a GDPR request and ask for copies of any documents relating to your employment there?

You should at least be able to get your personnel file, no?

Jade Falcon:

--- Quote from: Rara Avis on 27 October, 2021, 06:56:08 PM ---Could you file a GDPR request and ask for copies of any documents relating to your employment there?

You should at least be able to get your personnel file, no?

--- End quote ---

That I don't know, I have a feeling the two 'people' in charge are poisoning the well by making comments (probably untrue ones) to the area manager. 

This entire week has been pretty depressing and I can't, no matter how hard I try, seem to get the damn thing out of my head.

Rara Avis:
I don't think you would request this from either the store managers or the area manager - you could send a request directly to the Legal Department although it's likely that an organisation like Oxfam has a department / dedicated staff that deal directly with GDPR.

It's totally understandable that you're feeling victimised in this situation - the quintessential unfairness of it all is evident from what you've told us and how it has affected you. I also tend to become hyper focused on issues that bother me until my mind finds someway to help me make peace with the situation and move on.

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Rara Avis on 04 November, 2021, 01:39:59 PM ---I don't think you would request this from either the store managers or the area manager - you could send a request directly to the Legal Department although it's likely that an organisation like Oxfam has a department / dedicated staff that deal directly with GDPR.

--- End quote ---

Make a DSAR - Data Subject Access Request - they're legally obliged to respond.  Considering the difficulties Oxfam has had recently I'd expect they have a Data Officer who would deal with such requests (I don't imagine an organisation of Oxfam's size wouldn't have had one prior to the high profile cases, but they'd definately have someone in place now).

Funt Solo:
I'm feeling pretty close to resigning - and, for some reason, my mind always takes that a step further and suggests that the ultimate panacea would be just to resign from life. But then I feel like a fraud because I'm not that committed or wedded to any particular idea. Anyway - it's proving to be a difficult semester.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version