General Chat > Off Topic

The Black Dog Thread

<< < (135/144) > >>

The Legendary Shark:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 November, 2021, 06:29:11 PM ---
...the ultimate panacea would be just to resign from life.

--- End quote ---

Please don't.

Tiplodocus:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 November, 2021, 06:29:11 PM ---I'm feeling pretty close to resigning - and, for some reason, my mind always takes that a step further and suggests that the ultimate panacea would be just to resign from life. But then I feel like a fraud because I'm not that committed or wedded to any particular idea. Anyway - it's proving to be a difficult semester.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, don't, please. This would be a bad thing.

I, Cosh:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 05 November, 2021, 06:29:11 PM ---I'm feeling pretty close to resigning - and, for some reason, my mind always takes that a step further and suggests that the ultimate panacea would be just to resign from life. But then I feel like a fraud because I'm not that committed or wedded to any particular idea. Anyway - it's proving to be a difficult semester.

--- End quote ---
I don’t often com in this thread but I sincerely hope this is just a fleeting thought that you’re not planning to follow up. You can always talk to someone, even me if you need to. Although the topic would mostly be data structures.

Funt Solo:
Thanks - I think I just need to think about some practical means of a career shift. And get some sleep.

Rara Avis:
If your job is getting to you that much; it's really not worth it. Just quit.

However if you have obligations like rent and mortgage it's probably not that easy. Would you consider making an appointment with local recruiters to see what jobs (outside) education match your skills. It might just make you feel a little better if you feel like you have options.

Alternatively you can look for jobs that interest you online, see where your skills match and what you might need to do to upskill and move into a role you want.

I have always enjoyed your commentaries here; they are well-balanced, sensitive, funny or illustrative where applicable. You are also unafraid to hold a mirror up to others and ask them to examine their ideas in a way that is encouraging and supportive. This forum is certainly all the better for your input. Don't give up ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version