Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomontherun94

So looking at the list of Flesh strips vs the ones collected is there a reason why a fair amount is skipped over in this book? Unless it's just to do with the fact they only want 1 vol of the series/It's easier just to reflect the content of the Dino Files

Jade Falcon

I see Jaegir is there as well, is it just the same stuff that's in the Rebellion book or does that include more stories?  I have Jaegir on paperback already and it's a bit thin for one book unless it was being paired with something like the 86ers.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 20 October, 2020, 12:50:24 AM
So looking at the list of Flesh strips vs the ones collected is there a reason why a fair amount is skipped over in this book? Unless it's just to do with the fact they only want 1 vol of the series/It's easier just to reflect the content of the Dino Files

In Matt Smith's intro he says that The Legend of Shamana doesn't match the grittiness of the original series. I don't think I've ever read Chronocide so I don't know if it links to the rest of the stories.

The stories in the volume are all in the same continuity and all black and white so I guess that was the thinking behind their inclusion.

sintec

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 20 October, 2020, 01:43:37 AM
I see Jaegir is there as well, is it just the same stuff that's in the Rebellion book or does that include more stories?  I have Jaegir on paperback already and it's a bit thin for one book unless it was being paired with something like the 86ers.

I'm hoping it'll be more. 1 book is enough space to include everything to date so I'm hoping that's what we're getting.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 20 October, 2020, 01:43:37 AM

There's now double the material that there was when that first paperback came out.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 20 October, 2020, 12:50:24 AM

Yeah, the Flesh collection just doesn't make much sense either way you cut it. There are arguments to be made for not including Shamanna/Chronicide, but why bother with Texas - the start of a whole new cycle of stories - if you aren't going to  include any of the direct follow-up stories?
@jamesfeistdraws

leethomson

There are still 29 volumes we know nothing about, with 203 pages of strip remaining after the first Flesh collection. So, there may be a volume 2 at some point...

Arkady

Random thought: I can't really get to grips with Cabalistics, but I do really like Absalom. I don't think I can articulate why, unless it's just that I really like the main character. Also it has a real Rivers of London feel which I like.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: leethomson on 20 October, 2020, 09:06:59 AM
There are still 29 volumes we know nothing about, with 203 pages of strip remaining after the first Flesh collection. So, there may be a volume 2 at some point...

Boo Cook's today posted images of the spine extension artwork, and it poses interesting questions regarding the 'extra' 29 books - there's not a single character on the extension artwork that we didn't already know were incoming in issues 80-111...
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

The Monarch

wait....revere? did we know revere was gonna be in the extension?!?

also looooove that max winwood

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 October, 2020, 05:12:36 PM
wait....revere? did we know revere was gonna be in the extension?!?

Actually that's a good point, he's the only character who might hint at a 'new' book - but then again he pops up in Indigo Prime.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

There are some close ups (including Max Winwood) if you search Boo Cook on Faciebooks.

The Monarch

shame i do not have a facebook account i could do with boos max as a avatar

Tomwe

Please excuse the crudity of this model

Obv the books are all different sizes but this then shows that this art is just for the next 111.