Main Menu

MEGAZINE Cover of the Year 2020.

Started by Pete Wells, 23 December, 2020, 12:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Please vote for your top 3 MEGAZINE covers of the year for the Judge Dredd Megazine. Again, please be explicit about which is your first, second and third choice as I am profoundly stupid.

You can see 'em all here:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/megazines/2020

Voting closes at midnight on Saturday 2nd January 2020!

Merry Christmas, ya Bams!

rogue69

Funt Solo

First place is M423: you can't argue with Cliff Robinson (& Dylan Teague), serving up a Weston-ish cityscape to get lost in behind the towering figure of the grumpy chin himself.

Second place is M424: Greg Staples does a close-up of Dredd's sweaty, grimacing fizzog - check out the chipped paint detailing on the helmet.

Third place is M417: a great action shot from Karl Richardson, and the perfect matching cover line pun: "smash and crab".

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

abelardsnazz

1. 427 - festive menace from Nick Percival. who brings a great and atmospheric take to the Dark Judges.
2. 424 - brilliantly iconic image by Greg Staples.
3. 423 - the latest in a countless series of fantastic covers by the great Cliff Robinson.

WhizzBang

AlexF

A double-dip of Robinson/Teague for me:

3rd 419 Devil in Devlin Waugh, it's just so vicious!
2nd 425 God of Death, chilling work from Nick Percival
1st 423 Can't argue with Funt's reasoning - top Dredd pose in the front, epic and super-detailed cityscape in the background.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

sintec

IndigoPrime

For me, it's always about the power of the cover rather than just the art, and this was a strong year for the Meg, with nothing that was poor. However, I have to choose, so:

1: 423 — striking pose; great clarity; great drafting
2: 421 — visually arresting, even if I didn't care much for the story itself
3: 422 — wonderfully dynamic

HMs: 420; 419

Magnetica

1st place by some distance: 424
2nd: 418
3rd: 421

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Richard

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

For a while I wasnt going to vote in the Meg covers poll- largely because covers should attract readers and thanks to those plastic bags, no reader is ever attracted by a Meg cover. Plus, I very much hate the current Meg logo and design.

However, today I am unexpectedly filled with the Joy's of xmas and so here are the votes of the Small Blue Jury:

3rd place: 421- because its dynamic and exciting and a hell of an image that really should have appeared on the front of it's own magazine, not the Meg.

In 2nd place: 418. Because Lawless.

In 1st place: 426, because it was a striking Dredd image by a freshly-minted droid.

I just wish the covers had a chance to stand out on the racks.

SBT