2000 AD > News

Brian Bolland Apex Edition

<< < (3/18) > >>

Woolly:

--- Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 March, 2021, 05:35:22 PM ---Interesting article; thanks for sharing, Ming. Is it just the Bolland stuff that is missing or is a lot of early 2000ad material no longer available?

--- End quote ---

I would imagine the vast amount of early 2000AD art is lost/destroyed, based on the stories of IPC's mistreatment of alot of pages.
Using original pages from the 50s Eagle to soak up a leak?!?
Even in those days, what kind of madman would do that?!

Colin YNWA:
What a dreadful story. I was aware of the basic point but had never read anything with the detail. While human nature means I can understand some folks be reluctant to return stuff that could be worth a lot of month its a shame that folks don't at least reach out and offer such weak defenses.

As for sharing art one prominant dealer has already said they won't be - which is a shame. Seeing any of the stolen art also seems very unlikely too.

Woolly:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 March, 2021, 05:42:29 PM ---As for sharing art one prominant dealer has already said they won't be - which is a shame. Seeing any of the stolen art also seems very unlikely too.

--- End quote ---

This wouldn't happen to be the same guy who said Rebellion could have a new scan of Horned God art if they paid him a cool million (and then laughed), would it?

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Woolly on 08 March, 2021, 05:46:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 March, 2021, 05:42:29 PM ---As for sharing art one prominant dealer has already said they won't be - which is a shame. Seeing any of the stolen art also seems very unlikely too.

--- End quote ---

This wouldn't happen to be the same guy who said Rebellion could have a new scan of Horned God art if they paid him a cool million (and then laughed), would it?

--- End quote ---

I strongly suspect so.

Max Headroom:

--- Quote from: Woolly on 08 March, 2021, 05:40:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 March, 2021, 05:35:22 PM ---Interesting article; thanks for sharing, Ming. Is it just the Bolland stuff that is missing or is a lot of early 2000ad material no longer available?

--- End quote ---

I would imagine the vast amount of early 2000AD art is lost/destroyed, based on the stories of IPC's mistreatment of alot of pages.
Using original pages from the 50s Eagle to soak up a leak?!?
Even in those days, what kind of madman would do that?!

--- End quote ---

A real shame. I guess they knew not what folly they were committing and could have saved a lot of people a lot of angst now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version