Main Menu

Dredd's real-time ageing?

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 10 April, 2021, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

It's only about a year since this last came up,  but I can NEVER remember it correctly,  so here"s my best shot:

Joe's replacement lung (singular, courtesy of the Hitman) is cloned tissue, so from pretty much the same menu as Carousel. It's Rico Jr that has the carbon-fibre ones (superior bionics that allow him to hold his breath for some unfeasible time) and the Kneepad Kid (from The Falucci Tape) who has the cheap paper ones.

Bet I have that arseways as usual.

JayzusB.Christ

Ah yes, I was part of that conversation too but as usual my memory has failed me and I've got it doubly arseways. Thanks for putting me straight (though this time next year there's a good chance I'll be saying Dredd has paper lungs again).
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

kev67

Regarding his bionic eyes, does he have to get those replaced or serviced every once in a while? Human bodies can at least resist thermodynamics' second law better than machinery.

Dandontdare

Well we know he keeps a set of spares, suggesting they're easily replaceable

Proudhuff

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 April, 2021, 09:42:30 AM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 13 April, 2021, 10:15:15 PM
Poisoned by P.J. Maybe (disguised as a nun*), Dredd on his deathbed fires his lawgiver out of the window to find the spot where he should be buried but keeps hitting perps instead.

Get that man an unconvincing pseudonym and a regular slot on Dredd.

:lol:
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

What about Mrs. Gunderson? How come she's still alive?

---

Incoming fanfic on how Mrs. Gunderson is actually the fourth (sic) Sister of Death, on a long-game sleeper mission. 
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Woolly

Mrs Gunderson is MC1's Tom Bombadil.

sheridan

Mrs Gunderson is relatively young compared to some mega-citizens we've seen (Bizmo Klux* was mentioned earlier) though it should be noted that Gunderson isn't quite as active as Dredd tends to get!

* born: 12th July 1971, died 24th December 2104

Woolly

She was also judged 'innocent' by Judge Death, whatever that meant. Innocent as in she never 'lived' or 'had a life'?
Never quite understood that one.

JayzusB.Christ

I don't think that ever really made sense - I think he just thought she had never committed any crimes, ever.  But given that life is a crime in his mind, that doesn't quite hold up.

Back (sort of) on topic, there was that bad guy in Lenny Zero who once ran errands for Al Capone - though he had gone through a body swap or two since then.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Perhaps ultimately Death simply enjoys causing terror, and all that life is a crime guff is just a cover story. With Gunderson not recognizing him as a threat, there's no point in the killing, so he judges her innocent in a fit of cognitive dissonance.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Woolly

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 June, 2021, 07:52:11 PM
Perhaps ultimately Death simply enjoys causing terror, and all that life is a crime guff is just a cover story. With Gunderson not recognizing him as a threat, there's no point in the killing, so he judges her innocent in a fit of cognitive dissonance.

Sold!

I've always hoped for a story that shows he's really just a little [spoiler]REDACTED[/spoiler] who gets off on murder, with the whole 'life is a crime' mantra being just an excuse to cover his back. I thought things were going in that direction after Young Death, but alas no.