Main Menu

Cliff Robinson or Arthur Ranson - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 32

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 June, 2021, 06:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

Got to give Arthur the slight advantage but Cliff runs a close thing with his massive output and too numerous to mention iconic covers and Mother Earth. Arthur 3 Cliff 2.

GoGilesGo

Cliff 4 / Arthur 1

Always loved those concave shoulder pads on Dredd.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

So tomorrow morning I will count this one up and the result here will determine which team take the Artist Ryder Cup. It looks pretty close too so its entirely possible any last minute votes here will decide not only this tie BUT the competition as a whole. What more motivation do you need? Get ya votes in.

And so for the last time in this tourney I will do just that. Now I've made no secret of the fact I'm a big support of Current Team. I personally believe the art in 2000ad now is as good, if not better than its ever been. That however can't affect how I vote in each tie and even though this one will determine the overall result of the tourney by love of Arthur Ranson's art is large. Its not that I don't love Cliff Robinson as well, the way he produces iconic cover after iconic cover is just incredible. Its just that he's not done enough stella storytelling for me. Arthur Ranson has the astonishing ability to make even the most unearthly things seem grounded and real. He's quite the unique talent and one of my absolute favourites. On that basis:

Cliff Robinson 1 : Arthur Ranson 4

Colin YNWA

Just done my precount and this one is astonishingly close. any votes today could well swing the result! What an ending.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Oh you lot are cruel, even if you don't know it. This one, somewhat amazingly decided the whole tourney and it was close, so close. Ever time Arthur Ranson built a lead Cliff Robinson pulled him back. And in the last day, for only the second time snuck into the lead, by a point.

Then I come along. A big supporter of Current Team, a firm believer that art is better now than its ever been in the Prog - I do need to check my votes to see if that bears out - and cast my final vote - and with no more votes coming in it turned out to be the deciding vote and give the whole tie and do to that the whole tourney to Classic Team!

Wow talk about taking it to the wire but in the end...

Current Team 15.5 : Classic Team 16.5

Current Team 1423 : Classic Team 1466

I, Cosh

Sorry, I didn't entire myself to vote in the last few rounds. Wouldn't have changed anything though: Cliff's lack of stop work would've hampered him against anyone but Arthur's Anderson is definitive.

Robinson 1 - 4 Ranson

Good fun all round. Thanks for the intrigue.
We never really die.