Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I am fine with a Fin collection but I also want the third volume of Third World War. Fin for me always felt like a rehash or rather a cheap emulation of Slaine but more in a "modern" setting.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 August, 2021, 04:39:03 AM
Birdman and Chicken: The Krazy Crusaders - Paperback, 192 pages, 3rd March 2022

To the outside world, Dick Lane and Chic Dodds look like two average, law-abiding citizens. However, they lead an amazing double life - for when fiendish finks and vile villains step over the line, Dick and Chic strike back as the crime-fighting duo, Birdman and Chicken!

Cowled, caped and equipped with a vast array of crime-busting gadgets, Birdman and Chicken fight back against the likes of The Giggler, Sourpuss, The Puzzler and Father Time – and sometimes they win!

A rib-tickling parody of the 1966 Batman television series, Trevor Metcalfe's super-series was a highlight of Krazy comic every week and is finally collected here for the first time.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 August, 2021, 04:40:06 AM
Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files 39 - Paperback, 304 pages, 28th April 2022

In the nightmare metropolis of the future he is judge, jury and executioner - he is Judge Dredd!

The best-selling Complete Case Files series continues with Judge Dredd taking on terrorist organistions, hunting down PJ Maybe who has taken on a new disguise, and Pat mills returns with Blood of Satanus II: Dark Matters.

Drawn by a roster of the greatest artists working on Judge Dredd in the 21st Century - Chris Weston (The Filth), Cam Kennedy (Star Wars), Henry Flint (Zombo) ,and Ian Gibson (Halo Jones) - the Judge Dredd Case Files series has sold over half a million copies.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Art

Always weird when it has storys I think of (for possibly brain addled reasons) as "recent".

Richard

Since Necropolis was more than 160 pages long, I'm assuming that that page count was an error.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Art on 02 November, 2021, 02:31:51 PM
Always weird when it has storys I think of (for possibly brain addled reasons) as "recent".

It will start to feel like that for me once the Case Files reach "House of Pain" in the Prog and "Regime Change" in the Meg.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Art

We're only a few years out from Origins.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

broodblik

Nemesis the Warlock: The Final Heresies coming 26 January 2022:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/XB782

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CalHab

Tomwe

credo

I've got the 3 phonebook volumes. I've got the Deviant Edition for the redrawn early stories and the Tomb of Torquemada. I've got the ABC Warriors Solo Missions for Deadlock. I can't justify £40 just to have a collection containing Tubular Hells, can I?

IndigoPrime

If you can find a cheap copy, Hachette's Nemesis 4 (issue 42; vol 22) also has that strip, along with most of what's in the new £40 book. I'm not sure I'd buy a £40 volume for that one strip, especially if I didn't have the first two.

(The one thing I thought was a shame in the Hachette volumes was Torquemada's Second Honeymoon being in greyscale. Argh. So near and yet so far.)

Richard

Tubular Hells was a terrible story that undermined the impact of the last episode of Book X and didn't need to exist.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Richard on 10 November, 2021, 12:56:42 PM
Tubular Hells was a terrible story that undermined the impact of the last episode of Book X and didn't need to exist.

Yup. It's an okay story in itself, but as you say it criminally undermines the ending of Book X. Matt Smith asked for a flashback tale, and was as surprised as anyone when Mills 'continued' the story instead.
@jamesfeistdraws