Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Here is more info on the Sci-Fi Special out on 13th of July:

Marking 2000 AD's 45th birthday, 2022's summer special has a musical theme as the Galaxy's Greatest Comic continues to celebrate 45 Revolutions Per Minute with Comic Rock!

This 48-page special features stories inspired by each writers' favourite song – Judge Dredd is targeted by a disillusioned fellow Judge in a new story by Mike Carroll & Stewart K. Moore, Paul Cornell and Emma Vieceli take Psi-Judge Anderson into the mind of a mysterious psychic perp, Dan Abnett's hitmen Sinister Dexter encounter a gun with special properties.

Meanwhile, Kek-W & Steven Austin drop Judge Death in the middle of a Block War, Karl Stock & Warren Pleece sink their teeth into Fiends of the Eastern Front, and David Baillie & VV Glass take on everyone's lumpen mutant bounty hunter Middenface McNulty - plus more!

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/SPE2201/summer-sci-fi-special-2022
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2022, 03:41:51 PM
Judge Dredd is targeted by a disillusioned fellow Judge in a new story by Mike Carroll & Stewart K. Moore

SKM in da haus.  :thumbsup:

nxylas

Anyone want to take a guess at what songs the stories will be based on, based on the synopses? Knowledge of the writers' musical tastes would probably be an advantage here.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: nxylas on 28 April, 2022, 09:50:48 PM
Anyone want to take a guess at what songs the stories will be based on, based on the synopses? Knowledge of the writers' musical tastes would probably be an advantage here.

Devlin Waugh in "Too Drunk To Fuck".

UPGRADE ME TO A SCRIPT DROID, THARG — YOU COWARD!

[spoiler];-)[/spoiler]
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goosegash

There's something quite bewildering about bringing back Skip Tracer yet again.

Maybe completely off the mark here, but when it started it felt like an experiment in creating another strip to run in semi-regular rotation a la Dante or Sin Dex, but one which failed to earn the love of the readers like either of those, which makes Tharg's devotion to it rather baffling. Especially as it had reached what felt like a natural ending point. And yet, here we are again.

Please let this be the last one, Tharg. It's had it's run, but it was clear from the start it was never going to be in the pantheon of classic 2000AD stories. Let it go.

davidbishop

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 April, 2022, 11:13:13 PM

UPGRADE ME TO A SCRIPT DROID, THARG — YOU COWARD!

The Inspectre doesn't count?

[spoiler];-)[/spoiler]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: davidbishop on 29 April, 2022, 06:36:48 AM
The Inspectre doesn't count?

That was the old model of the Campbell droid. Since then, the Mighty One's had my serial numbers filed off and a new version of my operating system installed.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

MumboJimbo

Quote from: Goosegash on 29 April, 2022, 12:10:21 AM
There's something quite bewildering about bringing back Skip Tracer yet again.

Maybe completely off the mark here, but when it started it felt like an experiment in creating another strip to run in semi-regular rotation a la Dante or Sin Dex, but one which failed to earn the love of the readers like either of those, which makes Tharg's devotion to it rather baffling. Especially as it had reached what felt like a natural ending point. And yet, here we are again.

Please let this be the last one, Tharg. It's had it's run, but it was clear from the start it was never going to be in the pantheon of classic 2000AD stories. Let it go.

It's been confirmed in an interview, I think, that this is the last Skip Tracer story. Or at the very least it's bowing out this year.

broodblik

Both Skip Tracer and Diamond Dogs will end with the latest series
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Goosegash on 29 April, 2022, 12:10:21 AM
There's something quite bewildering about bringing back Skip Tracer yet again...

James Peaty's got incriminating photos of Tharg.
@jamesfeistdraws

nxylas

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 April, 2022, 11:13:13 PM

I could definitely imagine a Chaise Longue-influenced Devlin story.

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

sheridan

Not the slightest idea on the creators' musical tastes (even the ones I have friended on social media), but I'll have a stab...

Quote from: broodblik on 27 April, 2022, 03:41:51 PMJudge Dredd is targeted by a disillusioned fellow Judge in a new story by Mike Carroll & Stewart K. Moore

The Clash - I Fought the Law
QuotePaul Cornell and Emma Vieceli take Psi-Judge Anderson into the mind of a mysterious psychic perp

George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
QuoteDan Abnett's hitmen Sinister Dexter encounter a gun with special properties.

The Beatles - Happiness is a Warm Gun (I'd be incredibly surprised if that line hasn't been used somewhere in Sinister Dexter over the past quarter of a century).
QuoteMeanwhile, Kek-W & Steven Austin drop Judge Death in the middle of a Block War

Eddy Grant - War Party

AlexF

Ooh, fun game!

Judge Dredd: I love a Man in Uniform

Anderson, Psi Division: The Windmills of my Mind

Sinister Dexter: Hit me with your Rhythm Stick

Judge Death: ...And Justice for All

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

judge dredd - (we don't need this) fascist groove thang by heaven 17
fiends - dig me out by sleater-kinney
judge death - life on your own by the human League
anderson - a huge ever growing pulsating brain that rules from the centre of the ultraworld by the orb
skip tracer - inertia creeps by massive attack

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

and ... the order - what's going on? by marvin gaye