2000 AD > General

List of series in 2000ad and Megazine

(1/16) > >>

Colin YNWA:
You sometimes you start something that you figure will have its challenges but when you dig into it raises so many questions, just so many. For reasons that probably aren't that hard to guess I'm trying to put together a list of all the series to have appeared in 2000ad and The Megazine - aside from Judge Dredd. Simple as that...

Sheesh, oh that it was that simple. So you exclude Dredd, but then do you include America and Deadman in that exclusion? You decide to split Rogue into 'Classic' and 'Friday', but how do you handle Flesh. You decide to bunble Megazine run into 2000ad runs, so all Anderson is together, but is Hershey different to Judge Hershey (I'm going yes)... etc etc.

Anyway I've used the work of Broodblik from a bit over a year ago (thank you sir) as my basis, updated and merging a couple of list he did BUT I suspect a few of you have lists of you own. So if you are willing to share I could use them to cross check things.

I'll also ask a few question over the coming days...

AlexF:
I know you already know about this resource, but I feel the magnificent, but of course still in development 2000 AD A to Z is going to be your friend here:
https://2kstages.github.io/AtoZ.html

To be honest I still default to Barney's list of Thrills, but I don't think that'll help much with your dilemmas.

I await with interest to see how you handle the various one/two-off stories that were not run under the banner of 'Future Shocks' for whatever reason...  ;)

2022 is shaping up to be a fun year round these parts!

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: AlexF on 04 October, 2021, 08:35:22 AM ---I await with interest to see how you handle the various one/two-off stories that were not run under the banner of 'Future Shocks' for whatever reason...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh don't at the minute I'm going with ignoring them and hoping everyone forgets they exist!

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 04 October, 2021, 08:47:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: AlexF on 04 October, 2021, 08:35:22 AM ---I await with interest to see how you handle the various one/two-off stories that were not run under the banner of 'Future Shocks' for whatever reason...  ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh don't at the minute I'm going with ignoring them and hoping everyone forgets they exist!

--- End quote ---

Actually I quite liked An Agent Rat Adventure.  I'd still like to have a tree house...

I, Cosh:
Here's Barney's list of Thrills with a count of appearances in Prog, Meg and Specials with a field for which "world" they're part of. I'm pretty loose with that last part: anything tangentially related to Dredd (Pussyfoot 5, I'm looking at you) is classed as Dreddworld but I'm not really interested in the idea that all Pat's strips are one huge continuity.

Barney - Thrill List (gSheets)

Titles for some Meg Dredd thrills probably aren't exactly right (the Janus conundrum) as Barney uses the same code for the character as the strip in some cases.

I've excluded anything which was only reprint and anything that was only in the Action Special. There's a potential issue that the bumper year end Progs 2000 - 2016 are classed as Specials in Barney and I couldn't be arsed to try splitting out those versus actual specials (which are all also included.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version