Main Menu

FFT - Ratfink vs Balls Brothers - Round 1 Heat 20 - MATCH ABANDONED!

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 November, 2021, 06:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Into the third week now and we're well into the swing of things and we've really been testing those thrill-banks so far and exposing thrills that aren't very fondly remembered and so folks are struggling to recall. This week will be no different, there will be thrills here that are pretty damned decent and some that will have folks wondering why they've never read them... and in some cases that won't be a bad thing!

OH NO - this one will make the headlines for all the wrong reasons - after failing a late Thrill-check Ratfink is disqualified as, well ... it's not actually a series in its own right. There is much pointing of fingers in FFTA (Forum's Favourite Thrill Association) HQ as questions are raised as to how this mistake has been made. Accusing fingers are pointed. Press hounds try to dig for stories of corruption and intrigue, failing to accept that even the FFTA is open to incompetence and fumbling.

BALL'S BROTHER win by default!

I, Cosh

Eh? There was a Ratfink solo story in either the Villains Special it one of the FCBD issues. But only one, so maybe that's what you mean?
We never really die.

broodblik

Mmmmm, controversial controversial  I might be inclined to make a 62-min video about this and "leak" it to the WR
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 09 November, 2021, 06:44:42 AM
Eh? There was a Ratfink solo story in either the Villains Special it one of the FCBD issues. But only one, so maybe that's what you mean?

That's exactly it. For some reason I got it into my head that one of the stories in the trade was from a series in its own right, rather than a Dredd story. So the story in the special is just a one off and so Ratfink doesn't qualify.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 09 November, 2021, 06:48:29 AM
Mmmmm, controversial controversial  I might be inclined to make a 62-min video about this and "leak" it to the WR

Well thanks for the advise Michel, Sepp I'll see you later to discuss...

...oh sorry didn't see you there. I don't know what you mean whiff of corruption!

AlexF

I mean, this is literally the only way Balls Brothers could have progressed into round 2, and that's even taking into account the very lovely art by Kev Walker. It's terrible.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 09 November, 2021, 09:00:23 AM
I mean, this is literally the only way Balls Brothers could have progressed into round 2, and that's even taking into account the very lovely art by Kev Walker. It's terrible.

Blocked!
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

I WILL RETURN!*

*But how do you explain to people *why* Comic Sans is frowned upon? (Asking for a friend.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

so balls brothers goes through on a technicality, while all time zarjaz thrill disaster 1990 goes out to some forgettable filler from the dark age era IN THE VERY FIRST ROUND???!!!
stop the count!
(if not, i'm still backing the good captain klep to personify the romance of the cup with a deep run for the ages).
(and can i give my ratfink points to city of the damned?).

Link Prime

Is the FFTA accepting brown envelopes from a mildly embarrassed John Wagner one wonders?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 11 November, 2021, 11:41:03 AM
Is the FFTA accepting brown envelopes from a mildly embarrassed John Wagner one wonders?

They contain promises for more Dredd for the next 5 years at least...

...ahem...

... I mean NO!!!

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: AlexF on 09 November, 2021, 09:00:23 AM

It was no masterpiece - far from it - but it wasn't that bad.  My main problem was that Rocky looked like he should be called Eggy and Eggy looked like he should be called Rocky.  And the budgie, which reminded me that while John Wagner wrote America and Bury my Knee at Wounded Heart, he also wrote Shit the Dog.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"