General Chat > Off Topic

Real life accidents on film/tv sets

<< < (2/22) > >>

Rara Avis:

--- Quote from: milstar on 15 October, 2021, 06:14:41 PM ---I have no knowledge are anyone of those prop blokes held responsible for negligence, that took the life of one man.

--- End quote ---

There were no charges filed : Dist. Atty. Jerry Spivey said he found no evidence of the “willful and wanton” negligence that would have been required to prosecute Crowvision, the production company making the movie “The Crow.”

Just a terrible accident.

Maybe the most famous onset injury: https://youtu.be/6n0Uj41zlhU

milstar:
Seems that LOTR and Hobit were true nightmares of filmmaking.

Rara Avis:
I'm not familiar with anything else happening on LOTR other than Sean Bean has a fear of flying and would have to hike in his costume to the shooting locations. How did he get to NZ I wonder?

He (Sean Bean) also got stabbed in a pub a few years back and apparently just went back and finished his pint.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Rara Avis on 15 October, 2021, 08:03:58 PM ---I'm not familiar with anything else happening on LOTR other than Sean Bean has a fear of flying and would have to hike in his costume to the shooting locations.
--- End quote ---

Well, there's Viggo Mortensen breaking his toe, and Sean Astin cutting his foot on some glass at the bottom of a lake, but they hardly seem in the same league as dropping a helicopter on three people.

(I don't think Sean Bean has a general fear of flying, so much as not wanting to get in the helicopter that flew the cast halfway up a NZ mountain to shoot the Caradhras "Such a little thing…" scene!)

Rara Avis:
True but it was a real life accident .. I'm not familiar with where this thread originated so I'm not au fait with the context of the thread. I just happen to know a few bits of movie trivia.

I read a story online recently about an actress who was hurt on the set of a film and now had a permanent scar on her face but I don't know the exact detail. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version