Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon vs Lilly MacKenzie - Rd 1 Heat 28

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 November, 2021, 06:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Just as you all start to get a little sick of voting on some sub-par thrills I'd dare to say week 4 of this Tourney actually has the strongest line-up so far. There's some real corkers to wrap your head around and some tough decisions to make.

Two thrills here written by talent probably better known for their art. In both cases though they show their is more to the artists bow, Steve Parkhouse has a good track record for scripting comics, Simon Fraser arguably less so BUT what are the lines you will draw for this one?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon - more info

Vs.

Lilly MacKenzie - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 19th November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Lilly, I would read books of that if someone allowed SF the freedom to do it. Fun beautiful euro-space comics.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

abelardsnazz

Haven't read Lily MacKenzie so going to go with Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon.

AlexF

Both deserve to march into the second round but I guess there's only room for one. I've a real soft spot for Parkhouse's art on TSDM but storywise it's not a patch on Lilly M, and Fraser is no sloiuch as a penman himself.

Gotta be Lilly MacKenzie, although part of me niggles about its qualification in the first place - it WAS first publihsed as a webcomic, was it not? Or at least, the first parts of it? Anyway, we're over that and into the bloodbath of the actual tournament, and like many have said, this is top Eurocomics.

Blue Cactus

Parkhouse is a bit of an unsung hero in the prog, or maybe not as sung as he could be. TSDM was pretty good. Lily MacKenzie I really enjoyed though. Wish we'd had a lot more of that.

Lily MacKenzie

DrJomster

Lilly MacKenzie please. Loved that and would happily see it come back.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Link Prime

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Super quiet this one but still a day to go. So get those votes in and I'll count up in the morning.

O Lucky Stevie!

Tiger Sun, Dragon Moon? Shotglass rocket-fuel, insatiate reader. Much as Stevie loves Steve parkhouse, the whole in media res made the strip feel like the middle section of something longer.

Carry On Barabarella , on the other hand, was smart Euro hard scifi that left one wishing for more.

Lilly MacKenzie it is.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"