Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Pandora Perfect vs Death Planet - Round 1 Heat 32

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 November, 2021, 06:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Just as you all start to get a little sick of voting on some sub-par thrills I'd dare to say week 4 of this Tourney actually has the strongest line-up so far. There's some real corkers to wrap your head around and some tough decisions to make.

[Peak behind the scenes time] I write these things up in batches and the first one I did in this batch was Dept K vs Dash Decent - so it's fitting for me to end this batch on another one that spans GGC life time with one of our newest thrills Pandora P coming up against one of the oldest in the Prog in Death Planet... I mean for you the balance ain't as that earlier match up was days ago... but allow me my indulgence if you will. After all all you need to worry about is...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Pandora Perfect - more info

Vs.

Death Planet - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 21st November and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

AlexF

Look, Pandora Perfect is well crafted comics and it's fine; Death Planet is a hot mess. But dammit if I don't want more stories that are like Death Planet, as that sort of thing is my bag. Bonus points also for being the first of really very few 2000AD strips to feature a female hero facing off against a female villain, and they're both decent characters. If Hebden had had a more exicitng artist, and a plot to go along with his characters,
Death Planet could've been a winner.

Let's be open here - I'm saying this from a place of having just finsihed the recent P Perfect story that I was lukewarm on, and have not actually re-read Death Planet since it was reprinted in a floppy a few years ago. GREAT new cover on that floppy, though!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Southstreeter

Funt Solo

Difficult, but Pandora Perfect's modern polish wins out over the old school silliness of Deathblazer ... Star Planet ... Death Planet!

Death by alien kangaroo:

Butterfly Bazooka:
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Death Planet is duking it out with Angel for worst 2000AD "thrill" ever.

So Pandora Perfect by miles. It was actually pretty good fun and the art suited it very well.

Link Prime

Quote from: Magnetica on 18 November, 2021, 07:25:40 PM
Death Planet is duking it out with Angel for worst 2000AD "thrill" ever.

A faultless point.

I'll vote Death Planet.

sheridan