Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Captain Klep vs Sooner or Later - Rd 1 Heat 45

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 December, 2021, 06:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 6 and, brace yourself, we get over the half way marker in Round 1... yes when I said this was the biggest of these things yet I wasn't messing about! We're not even half way... in Round 1... and Round 2 is bigger than Round 1 before you get your hopes up... we're in for the long haul here folks!

Two typically one page thrills here, but there the similarities end surely? Klep slumbered over from the nether-regions of Tornado. Sooner or Later fired from the psychedelic mindscape of Milligan and McCarthy, but...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Captain Klep - more info

Vs.

Sooner or Later - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 4th December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

abelardsnazz

Sooner or Later, which meandered a lot even for a 1-page strip, but it was Milligan and McCarthy, so good company to be meandering with.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

There are one or two kinda funny Captain Klep strips from the Tornado run, with Kev O'Neill doing his thing. But even those are not a patch on the Milligan silliness and McCarthy/Riot lunacy of
Sooner or Later.

Easy win, surely!

rogue69

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

captain klep

kevin, robin, and a chin to rival old stoney face? check.

DrJomster

Captain Klep's going back a bit.... Sooner or Later wins it though!

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Link Prime

Sooner or Later - can't beat the combo of Lennon–McCartney Milligan-McCarthy.

Magnetica

Captain Klep.

It only made a fleeting appearance in 2000AD and I get the impression there wasn't much love for it. But I quite liked it. I currently reading the Tornado strips in the Kev O'Neill early works showcase available from Gosh comics and it's pretty good.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

sheridan

Colin YNWA

Quick, quick, I've got to get ready for work and two ties this morning have made me a little behind. Get ya votes in today, counting up tomorrow... you know the drill...