Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Mind of Wolfie Smith vs Dead Signal Rd 1 Heat 60

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 December, 2021, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Was Wolfie Smith ever collected? This is one of those thrills which I always knew existed but has never been able to read it
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Quote from: broodblik on 14 December, 2021, 06:29:57 PM
Was Wolfie Smith ever collected?

Not as far as I know - definitely not available as a Meg floppy. It does have a bit of the "not quite belonging" vibe that you could get with some early thrills - and had, of course, come over as spillage from Tornado.

Interestingly, Skip Tracer's Blakee is a bit like a sci-fi Wolfie.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i know what you're thinking.
jesus redondo, for crying out loud.
the mind of wolfie smith

Link Prime

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 15 December, 2021, 08:24:13 PM
i know what you're thinking.
jesus redondo, for crying out loud.
the mind of wolfie smith

You, Sir, were just handed the single greatest opportunity to make 3 dozen nerd jaws hit the floor since 1977.
You blew it.

For shame.
For shame.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i think it's probably better to be careful y'know. i mean, dear lord! look at them. the thing just ... drained them of life! just a touch and they'll crumble - like a bunch of burnt-out scarecrows.

so.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 15 December, 2021, 11:14:20 PM
i think it's probably better to be careful y'know. i mean, dear lord! look at them. the thing just ... drained them of life! just a touch and they'll crumble - like a bunch of burnt-out scarecrows.

so.

Ha! But even so wouldn't it have been fun to see our heads explode!?!

Colin YNWA

Well Wolfie Smith might have missed his chance to blow our minds - but you dear voter still have a chance to get those votes in before I count up in the morning.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

sorrryyy. but don't blame me. blame tom tully. it's bad enough having all these powers but being forced to hibernate, forgotten, in the bottom of a cupboard for over four decades (not even being  afforded the dignity of a bagged graphic novel in the meg (whatever that is)). but add to that is the sure and certain knowledge that you are being written ... but we all have that, don't we?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 16 December, 2021, 08:48:19 AM
sorrryyy. but don't blame me. blame tom tully. it's bad enough having all these powers but being forced to hibernate, forgotten, in the bottom of a cupboard for over four decades (not even being  afforded the dignity of a bagged graphic novel in the meg (whatever that is)). but add to that is the sure and certain knowledge that you are being written ... but we all have that, don't we?

Right....errrr.... is anyone else a little... scared now....

AlexF

In my worst nightmares I have never feared that I was a character being written by Tom Tully. I suppose at least it would be a sign I was going to live for a LONG time.

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

That's more like it. While we might have missed what would have been the headline this one stirred up a lot of discussion and reflection. The one thing that didn't happen was too many folks reflecting on Dead Signal a thrill I personally love and though would get more attention. It does deal with a theme that has been well used in the Prog, identity and reality, so maybe it didn't have enough to peak its head above thrills like Shadows and Counterfeit Girl... or was it just that

Mind of Wolfie Smith

is getting the re-evaluation I've always felt it deserved and people remembering what fun it was. Well we can do that again in Round 2.