Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Droid Life vs. Anderson Psi Division Round 3 Heat 4

Started by Colin YNWA, 10 May, 2022, 06:16:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huey2

Droid Life is great and gives any prog that little lift. Long may it last.

However, Anderson is one of the greats. I know I'm in the minority here but I don't think Anderson's highs were all back in the '90s. All of Alan Grant's efforts were fantastic. Big Robots with Dave Taylor and the Half-Life saga were real highlights of the Meg when they ran.

AlexF

Oh yeah, massive agreement from me. Basically any Anderson story drawn by Arthur Ranson is well worth your time. I wasn't so keen on the Boo Cook stint, but the one after that by Paul Marshall is pretty great.

And I've enjoyed about half of the much more recent stuff by Beeby / McHugh. They've gone in a slightly more 'psi powers = super powers' route but it's interesting to see a different take, and the anti-authoritarian stuff is very much still there.

Blue Cactus

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Link Prime

The Alan Grant era (pre-Satan) will see Anderson through a few more rounds for me

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

With a day to go there is little doubt here, to be honest there wasn't ever any really was there. A day to pile on and I'll count up and announce in the morning.

sheridan

Droid Life might fare well against the likes of Bonjo or Kaptain Klep, but I think even fans of the strip would struggle to put it above Anderson, Psi Division.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Anderson couldn't repeat the rare feat of joining the 20 votes club for the second time (she is one of the exclusive bunch who did it in Round 2), very possibly cos this one was a massive mis-match and folks didn't feel any complusion to vote> Droid Life did get votes but of course

Anderson - Psi Division

will be knowing how you will vote in Round 4.