Main Menu

Alan A Grant RIP

Started by rogue69, 21 July, 2022, 11:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

there are serveral reports on facebook that we have just lost the great Alan A Grant passed away this morning

This is a great loss to 2000AD & the wider comic comunity, sincerest condolences to his wife Sue and the rest of Alan's family

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Colin YNWA

Oh that's just horrible news, terrible. Love and condolances to his family. I sure we'll all be talking about his amazing legacy when we've had time to absorb this horrible news.

broodblik

Sad news, he was one of the great ones.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bad Andy

Thanks for everything, Alan. Good luck to you on your next journey.

nxylas

Quote from: Bad Andy on 21 July, 2022, 11:54:29 AM
I like to think that he's enjoying a reunion with Carlos Ezquerra and Norm Breyfogle somewhere in the Great Beyond.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

Quote from: nxylas on 21 July, 2022, 12:13:15 PM
I like to think that he's enjoying a reunion with Carlos Ezquerra and Norm Breyfogle somewhere in the Great Beyond.

I certainly hope so. Rest in peace Alan x

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

norton canes

Very sad, a prodigious talent. Gone into the great singularity along with his Blackhawk characters.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: nxylas on 21 July, 2022, 12:13:15 PM

Jez that brings a lot home! So many great folks.

broodblik

nxylas

Quote from: broodblik on 21 July, 2022, 02:36:11 PM
2000 AD tribute to Alan:

https://2000ad.com/news/alan-grant-1949-2022/
That's a great tribute. And that horoscope story, though I've heard it many times before, never fails to make me laugh.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

JayzusB.Christ

That is a lovely tribute. Goodbye Aaln1, 2000ad wouldn't be 2000ad without you.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"