Main Menu

Alan A Grant RIP

Started by rogue69, 21 July, 2022, 11:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Art on 23 July, 2022, 04:53:40 PM
him not thinking much of Grant Morrison

ISTR, after Morrison & Millar slagged off the 2000AD 'old guard', him saying something along the lines of "You came round my house, y'wee bastard — I gave you your fucking tea!" :-)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

nxylas

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 July, 2022, 06:20:46 PM
Quote from: Art on 23 July, 2022, 04:53:40 PM
him not thinking much of Grant Morrison

ISTR, after Morrison & Millar slagged off the 2000AD 'old guard', him saying something along the lines of "You came round my house, y'wee bastard — I gave you your fucking tea!" :-)
He and Sue actually took Millar and his wife in when they were homeless, as well as Alan being largely responsible for him writing for the prog in the first place. I can totally understand why he was pissed off at his classless comments. TBF, I think both he and Morrison regret those comments now.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Oh my gosh... its dusty in here. Sniff. Just fantastic, so sad its needed.

Magnetica

One of my favourite writers, no question.

Tiplodocus

I find it amazing that if you read a girls or boys comic in the seventies (and nearly everybody did) that you were reading Grant, Wagner and Mills. But you didn't know it. A shame for all of those who don't know what a great contribution he made to their childhood.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

broodblik

From Rufus Dayglo:
RIP Alan Grant. One of @2000AD true greats. A brilliant kind man, a fantastic writer, and a true role model for others in Comics!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Link Prime

I was absent from the Forum when Alan Grant passed away, but did hear the sad news from a friend.
One half of our own Lennon-McCartney.

RIP Alan, and thank you.