Main Menu

Thread moderating

Started by Dudley, 13 January, 2004, 04:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

(Losing temper and shouting petulantly in the full knowledge that this argument is all but lost)

But it wouldn't be ALL threads!  

No danger of losing a single comedy thread!  

No stopping anybody from posting their own threads!  

No censorship!

No stopping anyone from posting on any one thread...UNLESS the person who started the thread had decided to make it a moderated thread.  Just the equivalent of giving some people the right to keep their individual thread "spam-free"!

(trails, panting, into silence)

Krustabi

Send electric shocks to those who deviate through their mouse.

Wils

except for Wils- he smells of wee wee...

But, as said in a previous thread, it's not *my* wee. At least I've got a *normal* fetish, and not one involving extremely tall reporters and naked, fez-wearing gorillas. :p

I like the way that threads go off on tangents, just like conversations in the real world. It reinforces the fact that we *aren't* your stereotypical comic fans. The last thing we want is the board to end up like one of the scarily anally retentive Marvel or DC boards where anything veering away from on topic is deemed a no-no. That route only leads to the realm of sad knackerdom.

Tanky

Cool. Who wants to talk about something else?!

(JOKE!)

Krustabi

Sorry, on my last thread, I forgot to end it with "..."

Matt Timson

"I did'nt wanna post on all that Siku's Dredd business for fear of being ostracised for example"

Wouldn't happen here- unless you called somebody a c*nt for not agreeing with your point of view!
Pffft...

petemaskreplica

" I like the guys I was taking the piss out of"

Timson in "I like Molcher" shock confession!

Matt Timson

What?  you didn't think all that animosity was real, did you?!?

;)
Pffft...

petemaskreplica

I just never thought I'd see the day when you admitted it ;)

Trout

I've taken a distinct liking to licorice allsorts lately.

While the Bassett's brand will always be the best, I've started researching the best generic supermarket allsort rip-off products.

So far I've established the Tesco brand are poor, but the Co-op type are surprisingly good.

Do boarders have any information I can add to my survey?

- Trout

Krustabi

The problem with licorice allsorts is you have to find an agreeable licorice/other stuff ratio. Whatever you do, DON'T eat ANY salty licorice from Ikea....

Trout

Yes, Krusty. Spot on.

The licorice-other stuff ratio is crucial.

I'm usually left with a small bagful of the licorice-only ones.

Annoyingly, there were quite a lot of these in the otherwise-excellent Co-op bag.

- Trout

Krustabi

I have a staff discount at Co-op. Do you want me to mail you some licorice?

Dudley

OK, let's try this...

GET BACK ON TOPIC, YOU FUNT-WIPES!

Trout

Ha, ha, ha!

Many thanks, sir, but I've thoroughly investigated Co-op allsorts and am now moving on to other producers.

But, a kind offer.

- Trouty Bassett