Main Menu

Strontium Dog Cases Files Three.

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 23 January, 2008, 01:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

I have just recieved this book in the mail.

I was wondering if anybody knows about or is having any problems with pages missing, stories truncated etc....

My book does appear to be okay.

Whats the name of the beginning story. It has title page but, no title. It has a picture of Johnny Alpha  from the waist upwards in the foreground with his gun held aloft and Wulf in the back ground to his left. Below him is some alien landscape. Some box filled with he usual starting narration on the left and notice on a signpost on the bottom right starting with the words 'Amnesty'.

Ending with 'Back of Beyond', 'In the Doghouse', 'The Beast of Milton Keynes'

Pthe covers of progs 417 and $69 are in the covers gallery. Also featuring one of those cover scans with Midden face on a Tractor-like transport (saying: OOT O' THE WAY THERE! STRONTY DUG COMIN THROUGH!) and Wulf on a three wheeled motorcycle. It's only one page though and I was wondering if the other one is missing.

hippynumber1

First story is called "Big Bust of '49"   As far as I remember, it's complete...

ThryllSeekyr

None of the stories have those black pages dividing them into groups with a content guide written on them. It's the two black pages towards the back of the book.

Bonus and Extra Content.

I could do with bit more information here.

Richmond Clements

Sounds like you might have a dud there, TS- my copy has the black title pages in it.

hippynumber1

So what are you supposed to do with a "dud" copy?  Would there be any story pages missing and how does such a thing happen?

ThryllSeekyr

Really , You think.

Are the words 'Big Burst of 49' supposed to be written on title splash page or what.

Basically , the front page I dsicribed above is three pages in. With one page before, black of colour, with the Strontium Dog logo on the first facing page and all the stuff you would usaulley find on the inside cover of the book with Writer, Artist, Letterer, Cover artist names and the publication dates. Stuff like wirtten down the page.

Once again the next page is the one I discribed earlier.....

There is no Bklack page with any listings of of Story names listed on them until material at the end of the book.

I even gave thsi person slightly more money that as need for postage and handling and I did recieve the book in slightly damaged condition with buckled spine and the bottom edge. The effect of what you get when you slam the book down hard while holding it up right. Until realised that I might have been holding a dud..  I was still prepared accept this book as I got it.

But I think I might ask them foranother oince I convince them.

If that correct.

I'm not into collecting of books that have ben rare misboiund editions of these books.

ThryllSeekyr

Really , You think.

Are the words 'Big Burst of 49' supposed to be written on title splash page or what.

Basically , the front page I dsicribed above is three pages in. With one page before, black of colour, with the Strontium Dog logo on the first facing page and all the stuff you would usaulley find on the inside cover of the book with Writer, Artist, Letterer, Cover artist names and the publication dates. Stuff like wirtten down the page.

Once again the next page is the one I discribed earlier.....

There is no Bklack page with any listings of of Story names listed on them until material at the end of the book.

I even gave thsi person slightly more money that as need for postage and handling and I did recieve the book in slightly damaged condition with buckled spine and the bottom edge. The effect of what you get when you slam the book down hard while holding it up right. Until realised that I might have been holding a dud..  I was still prepared accept this book as I got it.

But I think I might ask them foranother oince I convince them.

If that correct.

I'm not into collecting of books that have ben rare misboiund editions of these books.

I, Cosh

Sounds like you might have a dud there, TS- my copy has the black title pages in it.

Strange. I've got the first three SD Files and none of them have title pages, other than for the bonus material at the back. Neither do the copies of 2 & 3 in Forbidden Planet, so maybe you've got a "defective" copy...
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

The Cosh .....

Strange. I've got the first three SD Files and none of them have title pages, other than for the bonus material at the back. Neither do the copies of 2 & 3 in Forbidden Planet, so maybe you've got a "defective" copy...

I'm just double checking with you. You mean to say 'So maybe you've HAVEN'T got a "defective" copy...?

I, Cosh

That's what I mean. Neither yours, mine or (presumably) mark167's have the header pages. Neither do the ones I looked at in a shop this evening. So far, only rac's do have them. Therefore, his are the unusual ones. Although this is a very small sample size.
We never really die.

hippynumber1

Double checked my vols 1 and 2 and they haven't got the header pages either and there are definitely no story pages missing!

TordelBack

Nope, mine have no title pages either.  More room for mutant goodness!

Jonathan O

The Strontium Dog collections don't have title pages for the main stories. There is a page describing the Bonus material but that's it.
If you feel you have a faulty copy though, you can return it to your supplier who should be happy to send out a replacement.

michaeljeff

Yes it don't have title pages for the main stories. But i think it doesn't need any title

Leigh S

The first story page should be an image of Wulf and Alpha looming in the sky - theres a sign in the bottom right corner explaining the amnesty, and the credit card in the bottom left.  The first episode is 5 pages long, and ends with Alpha, Wulf and McNulty agreeing to join forces over a pint.

does that help?