Main Menu

Patrick Stewart back as Picard in new series

Started by Greg M., 05 August, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

I thought it was okay, but no more than that. The Borg's giant space vagina ship made me chuckle, which I'm fairly sure wasn't the intent. I really am missing the Episode of the Week format and look forward to the return of The Orville to scratch that particular itch.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Aaron A Aardvark

judgeurko

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 May, 2022, 07:55:49 AM

I thought it was okay, but no more than that. The Borg's giant space vagina ship made me chuckle, which I'm fairly sure wasn't the intent. I really am missing the Episode of the Week format and look forward to the return of The Orville to scratch that particular itch.
Star Trek Strange New Worlds will scratch that particular itch.

The Legendary Shark

Yep, after the first episode of SNW I'm optimistic that a good scratching will ensue.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 11 May, 2022, 11:17:23 PM
Where is that streaming?

Illegally. If I had seen it, I'd think it is a wonderful love letter to the original series.

Tiplodocus

Roddenberry would be proud that you have embraced his utopia of a society where money is meaningless.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Well, it seems toxic fandom is nothing new ...

The Legendary Shark

Thank Grud nobody pays attention to the media...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 May, 2022, 07:12:50 PM

Thank Grud nobody pays attention to the media...

I like the fact that Levar Burton is touted as the "new Spock" because of his "robot eyes", but Data is just an android with superior strength.

The Legendary Shark

Two episodes in to season 3 and I have to say I'm enjoying this outing a lot more than the first two - so far, at least. The story moves along nicely and that old Picard/Riker dynamic is effortlessly pleasing. I'm also really digging the new title sequences, especially the end-credits.

After the joy that was SNW, I am optimistic about this one.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Link Prime

Halfway through Season 2 Episode 6 right now.
Without hyperbole, one of the worst episodes of a TV show I have ever endured.

Someone wrote this, then someone else greenlit it. Scandalous.

This had better be worth it.

The Legendary Shark

Episode Three, Seventeen Seconds. Wow. This is great stuff. I will remember the line, "Get off the bridge, Sir. You've just killed us all." for a very long time.

So far, it's everything I hoped Picard would be from the beginning and is more than making up for the dodgier previous seasons. I hope they can keep it up.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Episode Four, No win Scenario, and this season is really pulling out all the stops. I'm trying to avoid hyperbole here but words like 'magnificent' keep forcing their way into my head. 

Now, if only they can drag Discovery up to the same level.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Episode Five, Imposter. Another old face turns up and the plot thickens. Wonderful, wonderful stuff - Picard is finally and unequivocally drawing this jaded old Trekkie back into a state of love.

I can't believe nobody else here is even talking about how good this season is.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]