Main Menu

Slavers of Drule vs Stone Killers - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 17 August, 2021, 06:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're really at the business end of things now and these ties will decide Group and therefore places in the play-offs or Tourney Proper!

Slaver of Drule vs Stone Killers - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 16

The two ties today will decide Group 1 of the Long region qualifying. Can any thrill stop the Killing - it goes into this round of games as red hot favourite here...

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Slavers of Drule - more info

Vs

The Stone Killers - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 20th August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

I don't love either of these, but despite having Stixes, Red and Middenface, Stone Killers falls fairly flat. So it's Slavers for me, which is much better constructed.
@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Buttonman

Too many stone puns in Stone Killers for me - killed the whole thing stone dead. Drule for the win.

Rogue Judge

Slavers of Drule, I actually really like this one and appreciate they brought back Eleanor Keeble to help out Johnny in Smiley's World.

Southstreeter

Stone Killers

On the grounds that I can remember this and not the other.

Colin YNWA

Already on the final call here so you have today to vote on this one and I'll wrap it up in the morning.

For me this is easy. As I've long said there's a period after Rage (well Incident on Mayger Minor) when Johnny' story loses it sense of being vital and Stone Killers is right in that mix for me. Slavers of Drule is there when the strip mattered and on that basis:

The Slavers of Drule

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

This was only ever about runner up spot really, though going in both had the faintest of chances to take the Group. In the end there was only really one thrill in it and

The Slavers of Drule

took the runners up spot and a place in the play-offs for a spot in the tourney proper.

FINAL TABLE - Long Region - Group 1

Story Title              Points      Vote Diff.
The Killing                 9                39
Slavers of Drule            6                16
Stone Killers                 3               -15
Galaxy Killers         0               -40