Main Menu

Bec & Kawl trade cover, and future Rebellion trades...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 17 March, 2005, 08:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Being bored at work & trawling through Amazon can sometimes turn up some interesting bits & bobs...

Looks like the next batch of Rebellion trades will be:

Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265456/qid=1111067900/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_10_2/026-1377273-1125224">Slaine Vol 2: Time Killer

The release dates and publishers are a bit squiffy, but I'm pretty damn sure these are the next three in this year's release schedule.

Nice (original) cover for Bec & Kawl, too... :-)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/beckawl.jpg">

Oddboy

Better set your phaser to stun.

The Amstor Computer

Cheers! That cover was a pleasure to stumble across, and I'm delighted that the Euro trades are still getting these lovely original covers.

Now, if only the same could be said about the DC range... ;-)

longmanshort

Barbarian warrior Sl'ine

Hmmm, I see ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Grant Goggans

It serves the barbarian right, I'd say.  Most people are satisfied with either a vowel or an apostrophe in one place.  Ol' Horney God's got to have them both...

--Grant

The Amstor Computer

Heh, I noticed that. Hopefully it's an Amazon typo (though recent experience with "Tome Frame" and "Jim McCarty" suggests otherwise...)

;-)

IndigoPrime

Yay! More Dante!

Yay! More (decent) Sl?ine!

Yay! A Judge Dredd book that I just bought for three quid from Music Zone, meaning I don't have to get this one, thereby only spending ?20 on 2000 AD trades that month!

Grant Goggans

I'm sure "Bloody Students" will be a nice little book, but I'd much rather have the series, complete, in a DC book.  Right now there are only 20 episodes, but give 'em another pair of four-part runs in the weekly and that would make a nice 140-page TPB.

--Grant

The Amstor Computer

Heh :-)

I'd guess that there's only one more Dante book on the horizon after "The Courtship of Jena Makarov", taking us up to the conclusion of Tsar Wars. With the publication of "Agent of Destruction" there's *nearly* enough for a similar-sized fifth book, but I suspect we'll see Dante take a breather for a wee while.

Of course, if the DC deal continues & we see more regular Dante stories over the next year or two, a fifth & sixth book aren't out of the question... :-)

ukdane

DF: What would you predict the line up for a 5th and sixth Dante book to be?
Cheers

-Daney

The Amstor Computer

UKD:

Well, I've no idea what would be in a sixth Dante book, as IMO it would be made up of material that has yet to see print, but I think a fifth Dante trade would look something like this:

Nikolai Dante Vol. 5 - Hell and High Water

The Return of the Gentleman Thief - 24pp
The Romanov Job - 48pp
Hell and High Water - 53pp
The Sea Falcon - 10pp
Agent of Destruction - 60pp
How Could You Believe Me...? - 30pp approx

Approx 200pp

That guess depends on how "How Could You Believe Me...?" turns out, as it may be that the finale of "Agent of Destruction" would make for a more satisfying end to a book.

Looks like I was slightly off in my back-of-envelope calculation, as there's certainly enough for a fifth book already, and if and when Rebellion got around to a fifth book, there'd probably be enough new Dante for a sixth!

ukdane

Heh, well, at least you're helping Dom out a little ;-)
Cheers

-Daney