Main Menu

Aliens v. Predator starts filming soon

Started by Last of the V8's, 19 June, 2003, 12:30:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last of the V8's

Richmond Clements

You really want this to be good, don't you?
But I fear for it, I really do. They should just film the first Dark Horse comic series, which was the best A vs P that was done.

Woolly

Theres great scope fo an A vs. P film, so long as its done intelligently and with a degree of care/love to the original films.
Just as long as its nothing like the Jason vs. Freddy film thats somehow got made. Only seen the trailer, but it stinks worse than a Frenchman's French bits!

Woolly

Last of the V8's

I've waited for this for soooo long.
I really hope they don't mess it up.
At least visually it should rock, just hope the script is good.
Though some how I have my doubts.

Smiley

At least visually it should rock

Yup, invisible hunters versus barely glimpsed biomechanoids... hang on, it's going to be two hours of strobes and dry ice isn't it?

;p

Roundy

I hope there is a fair bit of fighting, as I thought the fourth film would have been loads better if the hybrid alien fought some of the standard aliens. As the quen was killed way to easily, and I had hoped alien fight there.....

Quirkafleeg

there's beem a script for this knocking around the internet for ages... was not that impressed by it. It's wasnt a million miles away from the Aliens/Pred comic series from Dark Horse, which was ok but not as good as say Aliens book 1.

Giving a quick glance of the characters and I think this version will be somewhat different. If it's as crap as Alien Ressurected I'll being going postal...

Oddboy

Time to re-advertise the Sci-Fi & Fantasy Football League.

Basically, it's like Fantasy Football but you select 2K writers, artists & characters & then get points on every time they appear in the prog/meg.

The league started last Christmas with Prog2003/Meg201 and has been going pretty well.

I'd urge all newbies (and oldbies who never joined in the first place!) to sign up.  There's no prizes I'm afraid, so it's just for fun!

Link below to the current results... check out the rules page for more details.

Oddboy.
(As bought to you by The Prog 534 Club)

Link: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/league.html" target="_blank">The Sci-Fi & Fantasy Football League

Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

To be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson, the godlike genius behind SHOPPING, SOLDIER, RESIDENT EVIL,  EVENT HORIZON and the two MORTAL KOMBAT movies. I'd say it's a toss-up whether this or CONSTANTINE will suck more.

J-Bo-1

Tex Hex

And (gulp) its to be set in the Arctic. Not, in fact, some deep space hellhole that might require someones imagination. Anderson was chosen over a joint Cameron/Scott screenplay/directing team apparently. The genius of the movie moguls, eh?

JamieB

Well, you can guarantee that the Cameron/Scott version would have cost the Earth, the Moon, and possibly the rest of the Solar System, so maybe they just went for the cheapo option - rightly thinking that the PREDATOR movie franchise is now effectively moribund, and that unless something truly remarkable happens, there's not much juice left in the ALIEN movie franchise either.

So, y'know, take the money and run...

J-Bo-1

GordonR

Hey, I actually like (and...erm...own) some of those movies.  They're fun, in a cheesy kind of way.

He didn't direct the second Mortal Kombat film, btw, which isn't a patch on the first one.

And, if you squint a bit, it's not too difficult to see Soldier or Event Horizon as basically being stories that wouldn't have looked too out of place in 2000AD.

JamieB

EH is basically just Cthulhu Mythos in space, innit? It was OK, I suppose*, but I preferred IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS from the same kinda vintage.

*Best bit: Blood in space, and that was nicked off STAR COPS, IIRC.

SOLDIER could've been a great Rogue Trooper movie, but I think it would've needed the main character to say more than 57 words throughout the movie...!

SHOPPING is irredeemably awful, however, and there is no argument which will ever make me like it. Its only possible saving grace was a halfway decent soundtrack.

And, though god knows I've had this argument before, I'll state once more for the record: RESIDENT EVIL is, IMHO, the worst zombie film ever made*. And you really DO have to go a long way to beat ZOMBIE ISLAND MASSACRE, or, for that matter, the utterly awful CHOPPER CHICKS IN ZOMBIETOWN.

*The best bit (IMHO again) was the laser-trap, and that was a straight rip from the infinitely better CUBE.

J-Bo-1

Art

But Resident Evil is the bestest computer game evah! Because it has map scenes.