Started by Steve Green, 01 August, 2005, 07:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

And get the Rock to star as Dredd...

;)
Pffft...

jont

Art

Looking forwards to seeing some Cits in it.

Steve Green

Must add a shield somewhere...

- Steve

Pyroxian

Max Kon

Do you smell what the Dredd is cooking?

Noisybast

What? Just seven measly seconds?

I jest - it looks fookin' marvellous, mcwild.
 Reminds me of a more detailed verion of Ezquerra's CG Meg backdrops, which can only be a good thing.

Make more. Make it longer. Make it soon!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Noisybast

BTW, I'd be interested to know what packages you used to make this, methods, how long it took, etc...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

WoD

I wanna see MORE...just 10 minutes...please..that's all I need.

This could be the start of the Dredd 'Cartoon' I've wanted to see done for years...

Steve Green

Hi,

it was all done in 3DS Max with Painter for the textures, though it could be done in just about any 3D app really. Compositing was done in Combustion.

I wouldn't hold my breath for longer versions, it was just really a sample environment for my reel.

I want to do some good vehicles that can hold up, so there may be something that can come out of that that can show up later.

I would love to do some more meggage, but I need to start getting some money in, and once I'm working it's hard work doing 3D all day and then coming home and doing it.

I'm still going to be working on it, just to get some characters in there - characters are the most time consuming part, you've got to model, texture, rig, animate etc. Environments are a lot easier by comparison.

Cheers

Steve

Matt Timson

I tried using 3DSMax- it made my brain bleed.
Pffft...

WoD

What is it with you arty types and having to eat and earn money...I thought you did it for the adoration and the hope of immortality...now where's my cartoon!!!

Steve Green

Matt Timson

Ahhhh!  The immortal words "but you enjoy it"!

My neighbour was moaning that he had to paint his house on the hottest day of the year.  I felt for him and told him that I had to paint stuff as well.

"That's different", he says.  "You'll enjoy what you're doing".

Nnnnnggg...
Pffft...

WoD

Heh...nows the time for a troll me feels..it's hot and JEB might bite...