Main Menu

Just Cause 2: the gta 5 you will never have, peasant

Started by CheechFU, 16 December, 2013, 10:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

If you've never played Just Cause 2 then I think this gif sums it up perfectly

Just Cause 2 is an open world sand box game ala GTA but without trying to be Good Fellas literally all the time, alas the game was single player only. sadface.
But like everything on the PC, it's a billion times better than the console versions. Also you are scum.

For a couple of years some dedicated fans have been working on a multiplayer mod for JC2. A multi player mod that lets upwards of a thousand players play together and I don't mean in a crappy world of warcraft way.
I mean all together.
I'm not even sure there is a player cap, there are some servers with a max player limit of 10,000, the most I saw on at once in the last beta was 1,700.
jc2-mp is out today for the pc gaming master race.
awww you bought a ps4?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exR1QTwPlTY

CrazyFoxMachine

Just Cause 2 is a fabulously fun game - all that endless grapple-hookery and diving from ridiculous heights and blowing stuff up :D

....and I see it's only £1.99 on Steam....

How damned tempting!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/8190/

The Enigmatic Dr X

Splashed out on it, thanks guys! And went for the DLC all inclusive at £4.19
Lock up your spoons!

CheechFU

It is constantly funny to grapple passing planes to trees, cars, the ground, each other as they try to take off

CrazyFoxMachine

I finally caved and bought it but there's clearly some Steam error if the MP chat is to be believed - the actual game doesn't work - only the MP which is wildly fun but quite limited. Folk just want to fight or troll you! ...that's the world for you...

I'm sick of seeing racist slurs every other second - :P

Makes me long for the normal missions and blowing up stuff legitimately -hope Steam get it sorted soon.

shaolin_monkey

I love this game, especially with nVidia 3D Vision.  It looks amazing in 3D, especially while in flight.  Also, mucking around with the settings gives a nice 'toyification' effect, where it looks like all the people are dolls action figures running around, and the vehciles are like Matchbox cars.

I must have sunk 40 hours into it, and am nowhere near completing it.  I just spend too much time in choppers flying around looking for things to blow up.

CrazyFoxMachine

Steam have it sorted and I'm loving replaying the solo game - !

I adore that bizarre Asian/Welsh accent all the baddies seem to have.