Main Menu

Incident on Zeta V The Gronk Affair - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 03

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 July, 2021, 07:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Incident on Zeta V The Gronk Affair  - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Short: Game 03

They may be short but some of these pack a mighty punch. Games 3 and 4 from the Short Region and game 4 might start to firm up Group 1...might...

All you need do is vote for your favourite between:

Incident on Zeta - more info

Vs

The Gronk Affair - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 1st August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

AlexF

The Gronk Affair for me. Love those Weerds! This story is REAL nasty, mind.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Definitely The Gronk Affair here. It is a grim story! I remember being horrified by all the skinning and Slugg eating the Gronks. The showdown at the end between Alpha and Wulf and the Weerds is great. Com up shooting - or come up dead!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Leigh S

The Gronk Affair for me too - shame the Weerds get wiped out, but otherwise a little classic in a brilliant run of post Portrait stories.

I do wonder if Carlos hadnt been called to duty on Dredd, we would have seen The Killing. Moses and Outlaw a couple of years earlier - the 1983 annual Dog House feature hints at the return of the Stixes, so it as clear that Wagner and Grant had stuff planned out.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dark Jimbo

Incident on Zeta barely makes any impression. It is only one episode long, in fairness - but then Mutie's Luck managed to be memorable and important for continuity with the same page count. I like the idea of Alpha taking on an all-girl gang, but it gets hardly any chance to go anywhere.

The Gronk Affair is by turns sweet, sad, funny, thrilling and horrifying. It's also the Weerd Brothers' five minutes in the spotlight, and they're superb - shame they didn't stick around at least one adventure longer, perhaps replacing the soon-to-be-massively-overused Stixes as an antagonist.
@jamesfeistdraws

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Magnetica

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

Can't immediately recall 'Zeta' so it has to be 'The Gronk Affair' - love them Weeirds.

Rogue Judge

The Gronk Affair. The Weerd bros poor heartsies didnt stand a chance.