Main Menu

'Fear the walking dead' - Whats the verdict so far?

Started by Michael Knight, 07 March, 2017, 05:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacabreMagpie

Quote from: Woolly on 11 May, 2020, 04:06:24 PM
Just watch Day of the Dead, then move on. Nothing from the Walking Dead, or it's spin offs, get anywhere near close.

Or just watch what you like and let others watch what they like. Simples.

Proudhuff

So is Fear back after [spoiler]they get totally shafted and are isolated[/spoiler] or is that the latest?
DDT did a job on me

rogue69

The show had to stop filming season 6 due to Covid but we should have the new spin off The Walking Dead World Beyond as soon as they can finish post production and if you can get it your region there is and 6 part web series The Althea Tapes which features Althea interviewing different survivors for their story.

Proudhuff

Cheers 69,
Will keep an eye out for those, I finally got round to watching series ten finale and did enjoy the twists and turns of this series, sad to say my least favourite character from the comic turned up a the end, hopefully she won't be doing the heavy lifting in series 11.... Whenever that happens!
DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

MacabreMagpie

Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 May, 2020, 03:36:01 PM
Cheers 69,
Will keep an eye out for those, I finally got round to watching series ten finale and did enjoy the twists and turns of this series, sad to say my least favourite character from the comic turned up a the end, hopefully she won't be doing the heavy lifting in series 11.... Whenever that happens!

On the off chance you missed the news, that was not actually the finale as the proper finale was not finished in time before the lockdown hit. So the 'actual' finale will air as a special episode later in the year.

Proudhuff

Quote from: MacabreMagpie on 14 May, 2020, 11:29:44 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 13 May, 2020, 03:36:01 PM
Cheers 69,

On the off chance you missed the news, that was not actually the finale as the proper finale was not finished in time before the lockdown hit. So the 'actual' finale will air as a special episode later in the year.
or

Yeah! That's good news, nice one
DDT did a job on me

DeadBeat

I love Fear. It's had it's ups and downs, but mainly ups. Started "ok", picked up in S2 and 3, went a bit "meh" then at one point (during the Negan TWD) was actually better than it's parent program imo. Very brave of them to do a reset too. Let's see what happens!

rogue69

If you want to find out what's planned for the next series of Fear TWD as part of SDCC at home they have an online panel on Friday 24th July 12-1pm (PST), followed by the Walking dead panel 1-2pm (PST) and then the new show TWD World Beyond's panel 2-3pm

rogue69

The new season release date is now 11th October here's new official trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahdviaYBT78

Tiplodocus

I'm continuing through Season 5 of Fear The Walking Dead and like the parent show, it continues to delight and frustrate in equal measure.

Delighting you have Lennie James who can grab you by the heartstrings with just an "Ummm" and a glance to the side as in 210 Words Per Minute (Episode 10 I think where he and Grace are in a shopping mall).

Frustrating are the pathetic shark villain of Logan/Matt Frewer (a non-Lethal version of The Governor/Negan), ott cheese (John Dorie's trick shot*) and storylines you know will only last three episodes otherwise they've painted themselves into a corner (e.g Alicia's conscientious objection).

But overall, I'm still on board as the diverse cast resembles that of Superstore more and more. We just need a fussy Mateo in there now.

* if the "splitting the bullet" trick shot had actually been that; a trick (maybe two shots fired very quickly in succession) then I'd have bought it more. And hey, that might have even added a more believable theme about things not being what they seem in Humbug Gulch. I suppose John Dorrie character relies on a charming performance from Garret Dillahunt and you just rolling with the unbelievableness of his character. Which mostly, I do.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Oh and I don't know if it's a COVID thing but some shots in Season 5 really look like the actors aren't in the same location... just a hint of green screen around some of them. I am aware that TV shows sometimes use special effects shots for something mundane like a character at a bus-stop but some of these seem quite noticeable. Or more likely my eyesight is going.

Ps: Day of the Dead is shit!

Tiplodocus

Proudhuff

Joking! He's fine and still firing off his pistol,  he is the shows moral barometer after all.
DDT did a job on me