Main Menu

windows 10 problem

Started by Grugz, 31 July, 2015, 01:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

downloaded it but from the word go ive had problems, my laptop mouse pad wont scroll down unless you click and drag the page down and the t'internet wont work saying it cant find my wi fi which works fine on windows 7 and hence the reason I went back to it. any easy to understand advice please?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Grey M@a

You will probably find moving from 8.1 to 10 is a little easier as the code base is similar so drivers tend to work a bit better.

Going from 7 to 10 the drivers may cause issues.

I would say do a fresh install of 10, and then get the latest drivers from the laptop manufacturers page, if there are none you may have to go to each site for the hardware in the laptop and get the latest drivers.

Luckily my Samsung Ultrabook has Win 10 drivers ready and the gaming PC I am holding off until the Killer Nic drivers are no longer release candidate/Beta.

Professor Bear

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

pauljholden

I had the same problem, turns out I just needed to smear cheese on the screen.

-pj

TordelBack

I'd say RTFM, but Thryllseekyr's Dad must have snuck in and nicked it, because i can't see it anywhere...

But yeah, what GreyM@a said.

Professor Bear

Replace all your peripherals.  Trust me, this is the least headache-y way to get past Windows compatibility problems.

Tjm86

Quote from: pauljholden on 31 July, 2015, 01:42:28 PM

-pj

Careful!  Remember the last time someone suggested cheese as a solution to an IT problem!

ThryllSeekyr

I only managed to upgrade yesterday and so far find it a welcome change to the horrors of 8.1
Still learning how to use it through trial and errors and have only just now worked out how to find the My PC page. I'm really loving the feature that allows you to see every page you have on up on the same page at once. Makes IE easier to use that way.....

TordelBack

I've only been dealing with 8.1 since May, and feel like a twisted freak in that I genuinely really like it - far more than I liked 7 at any rate (although nothing, not even 2000 or XP, will ever shake my devotion to 3.1, oh how I could make that birdy sing).

So I'm holding back for a wee bit on 10, and thus am of no use to Mogz, and have just realised that it was a hideous late-night CAD session combined with beer that led to this post.

Banners

I find it utterly bizarre that in W10 I cannot drag a file from the desktop (or from anywhere) and into the Dropbox app window. Since discovering that, I've pretty much given up for now and will stick with W7.

Dash Decent

Quote from: pauljholden on 31 July, 2015, 01:42:28 PM

That always causes my mouse to go crazy.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.