Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

I have completed Tomb Raider (Free on Gold this month) to 100% in all areas, but it's still showing as 99% on thew save file... very annoying!

Professor Bear

As I recall, there's an old abandoned WW2 bunker on the cliffs that's not on the map, doesn't have stats to check from your camp/map, and doesn't have a camping site for fast travel so you can only get to it on foot by climbing up the cliffs from the beach.  Could be you missed something from there, like burning the flags or collecting the GPS.

Richmond Clements

Thanks, Prof!
Now sitting at a smug 100%...

Grugz

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 16 September, 2015, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: Satanist on 16 September, 2015, 12:29:56 PM
Yeah I'm really enjoying MGS even though most of my missions go as follows...

Spy on camp
work out plan
sneak in
get spotted by guards who sound alarm
KILL EVERYTHING THAT MOVES!!!

though when it all works out I do feel like a complete BOSS.

That sounds like most stealth games when I'm playing! I do like to try and nail a super sneaky run through, but on a first play through I find having plans going to pot and having to adapt is all part of the thrill. Always really appreciate when games give you that freedom. Insta-fail stealth just doesn't appeal as much.

I know guys who'll reload their checkpoint every time they get spotted, in pursuit of that perfect run first time, and that sounds hellish.

it does indeed, I'm with keef I try to sneak but I'm just not that good at it. and sneak em ups in first person is horrendous (dishonoured)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

Fans of Slaine might like to check out Blood Bowl Two just to watch the Wood-Elves who are very much like  northern tribes of the Danu. who were actually supposed to be Elves in the actual mythology. Now, they just might be cross-over who seem more graciously bare-able than the haughty High-Elves as they bow and scrape with little effort and deliver high altitude kicks so much borrowed from the Far-East. That I'm sure Bruce-Lee had taught them all.

Although, it does irk me a little that this is how the Salmon-Leap attacking unarmed is realised in a game based on Warhammer Fantasy.  I might have had them leaping on the shoulders of the opposing team members to back flip off of them while knocking them soundly on the noggin before they land on the other side. Just a pity they aren't allowed their swords and spears. Yet, still equating to awesome example of these Wood-Land-Fae..

I even made a team of these guys called the Red-Branch-Knights and named all of them after these.....

SUBMITTING NOW BECAUSE COMPUTER IS PLAYING UP AND I"M WORREDI I MIGHT LOSE MY WORK......         

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 08 October, 2015, 10:53:08 PM
Fans of Slaine might like to check out Blood Bowl Two just to watch the Wood-Elves who are very much like  northern tribes of the Danu. who were actually supposed to be Elves in the actual mythology. Now, they just might be cross-over who seem more graciously bare-able than the haughty High-Elves as they bow and scrape with little effort and deliver high altitude kicks so much borrowed from the Far-East. That I'm sure Bruce-Lee had taught them all.

Although, it does irk me a little that this is how the Salmon-Leap attacking unarmed is realised in a game based on Warhammer Fantasy.  I might have had them leaping on the shoulders of the opposing team members to back flip off of them while knocking them soundly on the noggin before they land on the other side. Just a pity they aren't allowed their swords and spears. Yet, still equating to awesome example of these Wood-Land-Fae..

I even made a team of these guys called the Red-Branch-Knights and named all of them after these.....

Finding a spot for all the male Red-Branch-Knights and wondering why Cyanide never had females in a lot more of the fantasy teams, aside from the Amazons (Not yet in this installment of the game!) and Dark-Elves where only two of them can be Witches.  Of course, I understand Grid-Ron was never a female sport, they are strictly just cheer-leaders and that was that!

Naturally, Slaine had to be the War-Dancer with that large hair,

Gundan and the other one he fought and  lost against when in contest for the king's portion are Catcher and Thrower. That kind of sounds intimate when reading it like that.

Mongan is the only one with a small beard. 

Richmond Clements

Battlefront Beta... hell yes.

CrazyFoxMachine

I am literally in fits of jealousy over this - ENJOY IT YOU BASTARD.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 10 October, 2015, 09:56:10 AM
I am literally in fits of jealousy over this - ENJOY IT YOU BASTARD.

I lost an entire day of work to it yesterday and I REGRET NOTHING!

CrazyFoxMachine

Satanist

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 October, 2015, 05:38:15 PM
Battlefront Beta... hell yes.

Played this quite a lot at the weekend.

Managed to BE VADER a few times - did the force choke hold, threw my lightsaber at some poor fleeing rebel then got really stuck in.

zooming about in a TIE fighter never gets old.

but the highlight was last night when in an AT-AT I mowed down rebel scum as they all tried to leave their base.

This has gone from a maybe to day 1 purchase off the back of this.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ThryllSeekyr

Finally beat the Filarion Charioteers during the Blood-Bowl-Two campaign match.

I didn't start filming until the second touch down, and you really have to admire cheeky audacity, the lazy of the team I was playing. As I'm often blinded to where I should moving pushing , shoving nudging the players to a victory.

The game did go for another few moments after I ran out of space on the my hard-drive (Yes, my video just stops right after the touch-down...Great-Timing!) until the timer really did run out in game and declared the Reikland-Reavers as the winners.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Satanist on 12 October, 2015, 01:24:20 PM
This has gone from a maybe to day 1 purchase off the back of this.

It was always going to be a day one purchase for me, especially as DICE are behind it, but now I definitely am looking forward to this game more than the film!!

ThryllSeekyr

Played some Banner Saga after removing Mad Max from my hard drive.......nothing personal about that except. I really can't continue with that game, unless I can record it on video. Hopefully, I will be playing that again soon when I get the Blood Bowl Two campaigne out of the way and enough videos taking up valuable space uploaded or another external hard drive.

So, I did buy a few cheap games, some are worth mentioning..... like Timberman which is charming in it's simplicity and Skyhill which is about some rich dude who gets trapped in his penthouse apartment in NYC during a epidemic of fallout from nuclear weapon which turns most of the populace into mutants. So, he can scavenge for stuff by using the stairwell to travel from floor to floor and raid other rooms on the lower floors of his high-rise haven. While fending against mutants who have managed to get inside. He can also sleep in the room with the couch, eat from the room with the fridge or construct weapons, better weapons  and other useful things in a room with a workbench. While this isn't the type of lack of luxury I'd expect here. I guess it will do for a early access game.  I keep getting him killed from lack of food, loss of blood from fighting the hefty looking aberrations of nature. He's better off finding some sort of hand weapon first or it's game over for him.

Just realise now, that this game could be based on the Omega Man, (You know Charleton Heston....) and he may have find a woman of dark persuasion, a mutant cult with albino's wearing robes and a cure for them before getting killed.

The Banner Saga which I put nearly two hours into this morning. Even though it says I played this for just over seven hours on my profile page. Not sure how it got that statistic.....??? Because I barely play the game when I hade purchased it nearly a year ago now. I got as far the first battle and stopped after making my first move out of pure disinterest in wanting to play anything that requires strategy. I knew I brought the game after being notified that it was being sold under priced and liked it enough through a review on television. (You know that show I keep banging on about....) I'm glad I finally got around to bother with it today from it's retro-tastic cartoon like design. It's one thing to see the subtly animated figured during the some time overly-long winded character conversations that only enflame my enthusiasm for the battles where you see the Norse-Warriors animate like some creation from a Rankin Bass cartoon. This really impress's me. Lots...... Does needs more work with camera control on the battle screen, but it's set in stone. We need more games like this.   

Another-World...which I believe is a old phone game. With early looking minimal graphics that please my eyes. Character control sometimes triggers a incidental cinematic sequence and I didn't play this one for long because it does require brutally extreme accuracy or you start from you last saved point in the game again.  I know the out come of this game and still want to complete it. It kind of like you the author of Slaine (A Younger Pat Millsperhaps and only because he's looks like the tallish red haired individual who finds himself in one of his own stories.) finding himself in strange world (Another World and not that I would wish it !) filled with mono-toothed-slugs, some Fomorian-Cyth natives that stand in his way and I remember him [spoiler] escaping on the back of large wing beast on game completion.[/spoiler] 

Yeah, that last one very familiar.

I also reinstalled all the Fist games like.....

Fist of Awesome, (Once completed on the same day of purchase!) Fist of Jesus, Fist of Guns, Fist Puncher. :D

Papers Please,

Monaco and The Swindle.

I just got Jotun which is about female Norse warrioress who must fight to regain the respect of the gods and the graphics looks like they were hand drawn by the same artist who did Banner-Sage. This looks great and I can't wait to play this. I can't install the gam e jus just. 

Thinking of uninstalling Nova-Inceptio, but would like to figure out how to start a camp fire before  doing that!

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Grugz on 29 September, 2015, 11:54:43 PM
  it does indeed, I'm with keef I try to sneak but I'm just not that good at it. and sneak em ups in first person is horrendous (dishonoured)

Woah. The greatest sneak-em-up of all time is 100% first person.