Main Menu

Erm, Hi...........'blush'

Started by Hawkmumbler, 20 August, 2011, 05:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Hello everyone.
It's nice to meet you all.
I'm guessing as this is my first thread I should probably explain my history to 200AD.
Im only 15, and last christmas I was on a coach trip with my school to London.
While at WHSmiths at one of them million or so drive-ins I picked up my second issue of SFX.
Within said magazine was an article on a rather tasty sounding super hero story called, Zenith.
I was hooked on the idea of alternative dimensions and the effects they could have on our own dimension (or vice verse) due to it's role in my faveourite scine fiction (possible favourite TV show full stop), Doctor Who.
So naturaly Zenith sounded rather appealing. I took notw of the comics title and next promptly forgote about it.
Easter this year I was farting around town on a wet, windy day. So I walked into WHSmiths to buy myself a double decker and found myself staring at a rather Jack Sparrow like charactor being lunged at by a grotesque ghost.
I was facinated by this image and purchased the comic fairly quickly (I was in such a rush to get to the content I forgot to buy my double decker!).
So there I was, sitting under the cannopy of the bus terminal, flipping from mega city mutents to a rather attractive picture of two Tyrannosaurs clashing (The young paleontologist inside me was screaming with joy).
However I was rather perplexted. I was faced with a Judge Dredd story that only featured Judge Dredd in three panels, a rather conffusing scenario of cowboys hunting Dinosaurs (Jurrasic park I kid you not!) and a wordless story about a bunch of COD geeks killing some Jewish look alikes.
However, the end of Spartacus Dandridge promised to be replaced by a double bill of some bloke called 'Nickoli Dante'..........Suffice to say I picked up the next issue to see what would come of it, and 18 progs, 4 megazines, and 5 graphic novels (OK OK, 4 of them are floppies :-\) later im still in love with all these new concepts. :lol:
So here I am.
Im looking forward to staying here, you all seem like a pleasent lot........... ;)

P.S. A comment at Everything Comes Back To 2000AD rather frequently under the name of Zach Hawkins, im tolled some memmbers frequent here to. Just saying hi. :)

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Greetings and salutations. It's always nice to hear from new fans.
Unfortunately, it's a bit difficult to get hold of Zenith, because of Lawyers and Whatnot.
The thing about Judge Dredd is, the really important thing about Judge Dredd is, it's not just about Judge Dredd.
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Ah, I heard of the law suit. Damn, in some warehouse some where, millions of copys of the TPB's are just rotting away. Hopefully there will be a solution one day.
I agree full heartedly on what you say. Caterpillers and America are amongst my favorite storys.
Also, im slightly mithed that Nemesis the Warlock volume three is sold out, it's my birthday next month, and if tradition play true i'll be getting roughtly £100 worth of waterstones gift vouchers, more than enough for all three volumes.
As it is im looking forward to Flesh the Dino files. I liked both Flesh LoS book 2 (need to back order Meg 310 so I can have book one, do you get the floppies when you back order?), Chronocide and what little bit of Texas I caught.

Misanthrope

A teenager reading 2000ad? You are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Welcome to the board.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Hawkmumbler

Rare? Surely not. But I am kinda old school.
Wherest most people my age are litening to Black eyed peas and Eminem, Im listening to the Beatles and Bowie! :lol:
But honestly, what IS the avergae age to read 200AD? Im curies now. :|

Greg M.

'Allo chap and greetings. The average age of a 2000AD reader these days is probably at least double yours and then a few years, but don't let that put you off. Welcome.

Hawkmumbler

SKD

It was a Tyrannosaurus called Old One Eye that drew me to 2000AD in 1977. Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay.  :)

Stew.

Emp

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Pete Wells on 20 August, 2011, 11:14:47 PM
Mornin' squire!
The Absalom treatment makes me happy! :D
Quote from: SKD on 20 August, 2011, 10:54:36 PM
It was a Tyrannosaurus called Old One Eye that drew me to 2000AD in 1977. Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay.  :)

Stew.
Gorehead did it for me. Even if half of his appearence in my first encounter was commprised of a recreation of I Spit On Your Grave!
Quote from: Emp on 21 August, 2011, 12:31:49 AM
Welcome aboard!
Thank you. :)

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun.

Great that there is some 'Youff' stumbling across 2000ad it warms the cockles of my old and bitter heart.

Psidude

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Psidude on 22 August, 2011, 09:56:19 AM
Hello and welcome :)
Erm, sorry did you say something.
I was to busy looking at your avatar.

CrazyFoxMachine

I was thirteen when I started reading (and that was recently mind you. Not that recently but you get the picture.) and about fifteen when I started saying hello on the boards. Although I got alienated and ran off.

BUT THEN I CAME BACK and was less alienated. So that's it in a nutshell. Listen to the sage advice of the boardies and stay well away from the grumpy ones ;)