Main Menu

Prog 2261 - Never Look Back

Started by IndigoPrime, 07 December, 2021, 04:30:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MumboJimbo

Sorry for the necropost, but I'm catching up on some back progs. I wasn't working for a while so decided to stop my sub, but I'm working again now, so am buying the ones I missed. This was a great run. Being middle aged and grumpy, the Klegg musical story initially made my eyes roll, but I ended up loving it. Very reminiscent of mid 80s Dredd.

The Out goes from strength to strength. It's a big reason why I resubbed, and it hasn't let me down. I'm very much enjoying the dribs and drabs of Bulletopia we get, and I actually think it now works rather well as an occasional story told in 3 or 4 episode blocks, as there's not a huge amount of ongoing stuff to keep straight in your head. Diaboliks is being presented to us in a similar piecemeal fashion, and to be honest that could do with a longer contiguous run, as there's a fair bit to keep track of.

I always have trouble with endings in 2000 AD, as I often feel they're too quick and abrupt, and Scarlet Traces had me feeling that too. There seemed to be a lot of other things going on that never led to anything. Or maybe they did and I wasn't concentrating, I probably need to read it all again at some point.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this run of stories, a great end to 2021. Now for the 2022 progs!