Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

COMMANDO FORCES

What a crap couple of hours I have just had and it all started so well.

Earlier I happily booked my train and ticket for Birmingham, not a problem. Then I had to book two flights to St Lucia (for my wife and her friend) and boy did this go tits up.

I went on last minutedotcom and found that there were only two seats available for the specified dates, so I had to go for them! I started the process only to keep hitting brick walls all over the place. Eventually it moved into the verify bank thingy, that security thing banks do, well I typed in the required letters and numbers and hey presto two tickets booked and paid for  :D

Here comes the confirmation email........
FUUUUUUCK

I had typed in Carolyn's name incorrectly, I had put Carloyn  :'(

I rang the number on the email (10p a minute, rip off bastards) and away we went with trying to get them to alter the name. Could they do it, could they fuck. I had to cancel the booking and do another one asp. The best bit is that the payment will be returned within 7-10 days. Now how on Earth does that happen, my payment was instant but theirs is not. Yes folks this means that quite a lot of money has jumped out of my account today  ::)

Just to top it all off, Carloyn has gone out to a friends for the evening and I'm left with the pots from our Sunday Dinner to wash up!

Darren Stephens

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 September, 2010, 08:32:57 PM

.....and I'm left with the pots from our Sunday Dinner to wash up!

Ah, shit man. That sucks!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

House of Usher

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 12 September, 2010, 09:07:03 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 September, 2010, 08:32:57 PM

.....and I'm left with the pots from our Sunday Dinner to wash up!

Ah, shit man. That sucks!

Top Tips:

1) Just leave them until you feel like it. Do you need the roasting tin clean again for Monday's dinner? I think not!

2) If you eat a vegetarian Sunday dinner there's a lot less fat and gunge comes out of it, so it's less effort to wash up.

You're welcome! :D
STRIKE !!!

Casshern

Life spugs because I got chosen over 8 other people to secure a place on a tv and film production course but I found out earlier today that I wont get the funding I need to finance myself. I face two choices right now - work in a call center for another year to pay off debts or study in destitution.

Ahh well theres always the new dredd film to look forward too ....

COMMANDO FORCES

Tough choice Casshern, if the course means so much and this is what you want to do with your life I would say go for it!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Casshern on 13 September, 2010, 04:11:54 AM
Life spugs because I got chosen over 8 other people to secure a place on a tv and film production course but I found out earlier today that I wont get the funding I need to finance myself. I face two choices right now - work in a call center for another year to pay off debts or study in destitution.

Ahh well theres always the new dredd film to look forward too ....

Do the course- worry about tomorrow when it get here.

SmallBlueThing

...because the cat shat on my shoe in the night, my youngest son isnt allowed to go to film club after school with his brother because 'they show pg rated films, and they dont think them suitable for five year olds' (his favourite films are Jaws and The Wolf Man remake, but this did not wash with the head teacher), we've run out of coffee, i have to go to work later, and the 'e' and 't' keys no longer work on the laptop, so we now have to replace it- with its cracked screen and knackered keyboard, it'll be more expensive to repair.
Huff! Huff! Huff!
SBT

Dark Jimbo

After a loyal five years+ service, my PC is clearly on its last legs. It's all just bugs, glitches and error messages. I feel strangely moved at having to get rid of it for a new one as this is the first and only PC I've ever had. End of an era.
@jamesfeistdraws

Casshern

May he/she rest in peace jimbo  :'(

Dandontdare

'cos I'm back home from my holidays and that sucks. I'm not actually back in work till Monday, but will be filling the time doing fun stuff like going to the dentist and shopping.

I'd forgotten just how much I love Paris, and I can't believe it's taken me over 20 years to go back there (I discovered Amsterdam in the meantime...). It's a truly beautiful city (even though it often smells of wee) and every corner I turned sparked a long-forgotten memory. I revisited my old apartment and the school I used to teach in when I was a student. Most of the bars that we used to hang out in have changed beyond recognition, but one, La Petite Taverne on Rue de la Huchette had not changed a jot. It's a dark scruffy bar in the heart of the Left Bank area, that plays classic rock and is cheaper than all the touristy bars around it. It look like it may not have even been cleaned in the last 22 years! Also found a new favourite bar, Le Requin Chagrin (The Morose Shark) a studenty bar on Rue Mouffetard.

I also had a few days chilling out on the beach at La Rochelle, which is nice but full of yacht-owners, so not my usual crowd.

Got back to Manchester last night and it was cold and wet, when I'd been sitting outside a cafe in the sunshine just 6 hours earlier. I can cope with my crappy job as long as I've got something to plan and look forward to, but there's a distinct lack of cash and annual leave for the foreseeable future.

Casshern

I just got back from Bordeaux to Manchester about a week ago. I feel your pain, very depressing :(

Banners

Quote from: Dark Jimbo
After a loyal five years+ service, my PC is clearly on its last legs. It's all just bugs, glitches and error messages. I feel strangely moved at having to get rid of it for a new one as this is the first and only PC I've ever had. End of an era.

Can't you just reinstall the OS? Windows is more likely to be your problem, unless there's obviously some defective hardware in there somewhere?

M@

Dandontdare

Just found out that my 12 year old niece is in intensive care with pneumonia. They've also found a lump somewhere (my mum was a bit vague) that they've operated on 'to relieve the pressure'. They've inserted a semi-permanent stent for IV drugs and fluids, and she's on oxygen since the op. Everything appears successful so far, but the poor wee mite apparently said "there's a lot of pain, grandma", which fair choked me up. They're hoping to move her out of ICU and back to the ward tomorrow and hopefully home in not many days.

My other (22 year old) niece had a near miss when her bonnet blew up in the fast lane of the M6, shattering her windscreen. Got stranded in the middle with no central reservation, but ultimately escaped without a scratch and is happy about getting an new car on the insurance.

So it's been scary times for both my brothers' kids while I've been on holiday.

SmallBlueThing

That's terrible, DDD, here's hoping she has a speedy and complete recovery.
SBT