Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Wait 'til ye hear this...

I run a hotel car park. The Hotel is on the edge of an area of Belfast called Sandy Row, the car park is also open to non residents. To give you an idea of the kind of place Sandy Row is, across the road, there is a mural stating 'Welcome to Sandy Row, Loyalist Heartland of South Belfast'*. This statement is bookended by two lads in Balaclavas**.

Now you may or may not be aware that every year, Loyalists like to have a great big bonfire on the eve of the 'Glorious Twelfth'. Basically it's a debautched banquet of booze, bigotry and bonfires. The residents of Sandy Row have decided to host this auspicious occasion in my carpark. And I don't have a say in this at all.

Apparently 'Brigadier' MacDonald has informed our manager that any attempts to intervene, will result in systematic vandalism of every vehicle using the lot. The cops don't want to know, but that's a whole other story.

These bonfires are typically two stories high, and take up half a football field. Never mind the amount of space this thing is consuming, no one is going to use a car park in which one of these monstrocities has been erected.

So basically, I live in a country where it's okay for unemployed bigots to erect a huge fire hazard on private property, and, when they're finished, they all get pissed and set the thing on fire.

*I have corrected the Grammar
**They can't draw faces
You may quote me on that.

johnnystress

I'm sure the nice men will clean up after themselves

The Legendary Shark

Why not bury some dynamite under the spot where the bonfire will be assembled? That should liven their hate-fires up a bit!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 07 June, 2011, 08:57:53 PM
Why not bury some dynamite under the spot where the bonfire will be assembled? That should liven their hate-fires up a bit!

The IRA would be blamed for it  :lol: and it would start up Sectarian violence.

One of my jobs has descended into an absurd farce and the client did something very stupid without consulting me which was completely unnecessary.An outsider [i know who it is] took it upon themselves to interfere in the work and informed the leadworkers that they cannot fix leadflashing to the building as its listed and told the leadworkers to stop work and told the client a load of BS which made the client panic and i seriously think that this individual who interfered is losing the plot.

All of this is unprecedented.

The client panicked and made a very bad decision independently.

Its a long story and very boring.

Fuuuuuucking Hell   Fucking Nightmare

anyway i am going to send the client an email later to try and sort this nonsense out and hopefully encourage the client to make the right decision.

Another property in the square thats listed had its balcony done with lead flashing and they havent been subjected to this stupidity but i have and their leadwork was done just before mine was. :-\

Fucking stupid over-reacting cunt interfering in my work and the clients when its none of his fucking business  >:( >:(

Problems problems problems problems and nearly all of them are unecessary and are caused by stupidity.

People can be a fucking pain.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Pics of the scorched, ruined tarmac or it didn't happen! I presume you get the day off while all this is going on, because your services surely won't be required.
STRIKE !!!

Dandontdare

There seem to be several videos and pics of the 2008 bonfire online - Grud, I see what you mean - it's 8 stories tall! Is that your car park at the Days?

IAMTHESYSTEM

Well pops1983 I'm truly shocked to hear of your trouble. Bloody hell what do you do in such a situation?!

The authorities have clearly abandoned you to the 'will of the strong  of the moment' ie: the self styled 'Brigidier' and his associates.

Throw a sickie's all my limited brain's come up with though that's easy enough for me to say comfortably far removed from the coal face so to speak.  :o :(
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 June, 2011, 09:21:07 PM
There seem to be several videos and pics of the 2008 bonfire online - Grud, I see what you mean - it's 8 stories tall! Is that your car park at the Days?

Yup, that's the spot

Quote from: House of Usher on 07 June, 2011, 09:10:24 PM
Pics of the scorched, ruined tarmac or it didn't happen! I presume you get the day off while all this is going on, because your services surely won't be required.

You'd think so, wouldn't ye? It's not an NI company, so that's not the case

paddykafka

This is reminds me of the old joke: Name all the months in the Loyalist/Orange calendar? January, February, March, March, March ...

vzzbux

Keep setting fire to the bastard each night as from when they start building it.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

They usually having people guarding these things. People actually camp out inside them. I'm just going to book my holidays

The Legendary Shark

Now, I don't understand Irish politics at all - but what if you helped them by donating a tonne of wood - all sprayed orange?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hoagy

The tramadol adverts are getting on my nerves. It's like someone seriously wants us to become dependant upon tramadol.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Darren Stephens

Just been looking for a car insurance quote. Most are about 150 quid more than last year. Are they taking the piss?  :(
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Banners

Agreed. I pointed out that a year on, my car was worth less, I had an extra year's no-claims and I was a year more sensible - but to no avail.