Main Menu

He-Man is Awesome.

Started by Grant Perkins, 15 September, 2011, 01:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Perkins

You know whats cool? He-Man is cool.

For those of you not in the know, He-Man is not only "The most Powerful man in the Universe" but he's built like a brick house and battles evil with a magic sword while riding about on a giant green tiger. If that's not worth a Google I don't know what is.

So in conclusion, He-Man is awesome.

Class dismissed.

G.

Spaceghost

I really like that picture.

I'm afraid though, you are quite mistaken. He-Man is not cool, or awesome. He is a badly animated, moralising, American 'jock' appearing in an ill thought out advert for poor quality toys, masquerading as entertainment.

His powers seem to include - not doing very much, being a little bit strong, being able to throw baddies into shallow pools of water where they then sit, completely unharmed saying "Bah!".

In conclusion - He-Man is crap.

Except in this excellent picture.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Professor Bear

Why is Skeletor fondling He-Man's boob?  Is this the gay subtext of which I have heard so much about?

I tried to click that link but my antivirus won't let me, however I do recall being fond of the He-Man cartoon for its daffiness, though watching it as an adult isn't advised (apart from the He-Man/She-Ra movie and Christmas Special, which are really funny to grown-up eyes even with/especially because of the disturbingly incestuous chemistry between the two leads).

Grant Perkins

The link is to www.thegrantperkins.com which for some reason seems to have gone down this morning, it should be back online once my webmaster gets on it this afternoon.

Thanks for the comical review of He-Man Lee. I can't argue against any of those points, other than re-affirm that dispite everything, He-Man is infact awesome.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Grant Perkins on 15 September, 2011, 02:13:44 PM
Thanks for the comical review of He-Man Lee. I can't argue against any of those points, other than re-affirm that dispite everything, He-Man is infact awesome.

*adopts Skeletor voice*

"BAH!!! I'll get you next time Perkins!!!"

JOE SOAP

If you're a fan of 'My Little Pony', 'Care Bears' etc. He-Man would indeed be 'awesome'.

Dark Jimbo

I'm fightin' with Thundercat Block.

Cool pic, though.
@jamesfeistdraws

JOE SOAP

Professor Bear

I fight with Centurions Block in a close alliance with the Ulysses 31 Street Mob.  We're currently negotiating a grudging ceasefire with He-Man 2002 Reboot Block for not being as shit as we thought they were.

Spaceghost

I'm with Battle of the Planets Citi-Def, and we've got a nuke!

Greg M.

I'm with Mr. Soap. No cartoon can ever trump Ulysses 31's soundtrack.... particularly the doom-fuelled 'march of the damned' tune that they broke out during particularly portentous moments.

Richmond Clements

I used to like it when they all stood around and laughed at Orko at the end.
And when the Thundercats stood arouns and laughed at Snarf.

Not that there was some might is right subtext going on in those scenes or anything.

PLus: For fuck sake! He looks EXACTLY like Adam, Prince of Eternia! EXCATLY LIKE HIM! Same build any everything! Is everyone in Eternia a fucking idiot?
He's even got the same bloody cat as Adam has! You fucking tools!

johnnystress

great picture! When I first saw the action figures of HeMan it thought they were soo cool

Then I saw the cartoon...hmm

Anyway..another chance to see this gem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32FB-gYr49Y

Cthulouis