Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 22 December, 2023, 07:45:44 AMTrooper McFad your endless drive to promote this throughtout the year is really paying off. Take a bow sir, I for one am so grateful for how this has all paid off and its a treat everyday.
Colin the promotion and prompting is easy - the credit goes to those able to contribute. Hopefully this years stonking Advent will inspire others to get involved.🤞🏻

TLS - we reach the end but like all serials you leave us hanging?

Do this duo form the next crime fighting team?
Does Zanda get home or is he now trapped in this dimension?
Do they only do good at Christmas
What else does the weave come with? "Responsibilities and ..."

So much unanswered or are we at a Firefly situation?

By the way it was very enjoyable and I still have a Mrs Doubtfire figure for Mrs Snow- can't explain why
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Andy Lambert

Once again, a fine selection of festive treats!

Congratulations to JayzusB.Christ on reaching a huge landmark post figure! Wonderful illustrations too, giving me strong Thomas Nast vibes! Lovely stuff! Thanks for the kind words about my own art too - much appreciated.

I'll have to finish TLS's story when I have more time as I'm rushing to get my second entry done by Christmas Eve - once again, a cracking image though summing up the theme of the Calendar as pointed out elsewhere.
Same goes for the game submitted by Barrington Boots - I'll have to wait until I've finished my next piece before I can give it a go.

LOVE the Christmas treat supplied by Tharg's droids - really appreciated that!
Thanks to Funt Solo for the seasonal covers - there are some there I haven't seen before so that's a nice treat!
And of course, many thanks to Dash Decent and Judge Woody for keeping the mirth coming throughout the month - great stuff, guys!

Trooper McFad

Another superb Dash Double- I love the Elvis with the belly wheel and the thought of a whole block full of Evlvis's each floor a different stage/era he went through.

Almost there keep it up 👍🏻

The Legendary Shark

"I still have a Mrs Doubtfire figure for Mrs Snow- can't explain why"

When I wrote it, I had Kathy Burke in mind.

Thanks for all the kind words, peeps, I love you all :)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Trooper McFad

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 22 December, 2023, 10:52:22 AM"I still have a Mrs Doubtfire figure for Mrs Snow- can't explain why"

When I wrote it, I had Kathy Burke in mind.

Thanks for all the kind words, peeps, I love you all :)

Katy Burke would fit brilliantly

Andy - you're right everyone loves a word search - now to try and print it off as I'm old school and want to circle every find. I'll have to log on the Desktop to do this. Might leave this till Boxing Day.

Brilliant stuff

The Legendary Shark

"Print it off"?

Crap - I wish I'd thought of that before ruining my monitor with a crayon...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

The name of the image file contains this: "gregg_staples___by_bibbletang". So, maybe it's Greg Staples?

Quote from: Judge Woody on 22 December, 2023, 05:19:47 PMNot sure who did the original art on this, maybe someone can help out

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 22 December, 2023, 06:48:14 PMThe name of the image file contains this: "gregg_staples___by_bibbletang". So, maybe it's Greg Staples?

Ah, no! I did a reverse-image-search (because I'm a web-fu master, motherfunsters!), and apparently it's a 3D model by a dude called Petr Nasirov.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Judge Woody

Thanks for finding out who did the original image. As for the image file, I uploaded it to Deviant Art and named it 'Gregg Staples ?' as I wasn't sure.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 22 December, 2023, 10:35:12 AMOnce again, a fine selection of festive treats!

Congratulations to JayzusB.Christ on reaching a huge landmark post figure! Wonderful illustrations too, giving me strong Thomas Nast vibes!

Thanks!  I've been a tad obsessed with Thomas Nast over the last couple of Christmases, so I'm very happy with that comparison.  In fact I blatantly ripped him off for one of last year's entries.

And great work from all as the Calendar draws to a close. I'll miss it. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

I felt bad that I'd not included the full wraparound version of Meg 355 (by Colin MacNeil), so here it is:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Le Fink

Great double-ups Dash and Andy! I'm running late and I'll post mine (much) later today. If anyone else wants to post, (looking at you, Woody!) don't wait for me!

JayzusB.Christ

Andy, that's truly stunning.  Even aside from the spot-on characters, the background is just beautiful. I was searching for a word that described the atmosphere and couldn't find one, except for the Portuguese word saudade which I probably heard about on QI.

Dash, you're unstoppable.  One of your best yet.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Andy Lambert

QuoteI was searching for a word that described the atmosphere and couldn't find one, except for the Portuguese word saudade

I just Googled 'saudade' and that's a lovely reaction to have - I'm delighted the picture invoked such a feeling. Thank you so much.  :)

Trooper McFad

Dash and Andy keeping their standards up with their penultimate submissions. 😢