Main Menu

Phil Winslade or Dave Gibbons - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 26

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 June, 2021, 06:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

This one is coming to a close - I think I can see which way its going but it can certainly change as its not been very busy so there may be plenty more votes to come in. If so get it done today and I'll count up in the morning.

As for me well I like Dave Gibbons work, I really do but I find it... safe... its comfortable, but it does excit or astonish me in the way other artist might. One such artist is Phil Winslade whose work on Lawless has just been astonishing. Its not just the intense detail he put into ever panel. Its the innovative page design, the evocative character work and the ground yet unworldly design of his world and the object and creatures that inhabitit it. Its the fact you can taste the dust in every panel. On that basis

Phil Winslade 4 : Dave Gibbons 1

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well no more votes came and so this one remained close, often in each vote as well as overall. But in the end Dave Gibbons pipped it and that is very significent. Classic Team are pipping a lot of these close ones of late and that means - along side storming another - they have completed the comeback and now nipped into the lead. Can they keep this momentum to the line and claim the Ryder Cup?

Current Team 12.5 : Classic Team 13.5

Current Team 1118 : Classic Team 1198*

*still need to check these!