Main Menu

Henry Flint or Anthony Williams - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 28

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 June, 2021, 06:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean SD

Colin YNWA

Only a day on this one so get your votes in and I'll count up and announce the result in the morning.

My vote... well you know which way its going BUT its testament to how Anthony Williams developed in the Prog that I can't make this a clean sweep. I adore Henry Flint he is probably my favourite ever 2000ad artist and definately the definitive artist, his art capturing something of all the other greats. That said while I might not thing Anthony Williams art started fantastically he quickly developed into a good artist and then as he took on VCs (ironically from Henry Flint) and then moved to Sinister Dexter he had become a great artist. His 'cartoony' style counterpointed by a tough edge that worked perfectly for those strips. So on that basis I go:

Henry Flint 4 : Anthony Williams 1

paddykafka

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Current Team needed this after Classic Team had taken a lead after an unbroken 5 tie run of victories and you folks needed it to redeemn yourself for the woeful treatment of the awesome Henry Flint, at least somewhat. It was a pretty straightforward victory, though I was heartened to see Anthony Willaims get his due.

As it is Current Team can make this a very exciting finish.

Current Team 13.5 : Classic Team 14.5

Current Team 1209 : Classic Team 1272*

*still need to check these!

Colin YNWA

CORRECTED SCORES

Current Team 13.5 : Classic Team 14.5

Current Team 1257 : Classic Team 1302