Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Nah James, I'm too pretty to be a crazy old wizard.  But I do have a clone-obsessed youngling with a birthday coming up and no artistic talent of my own, so I'll converse with the wife and get back to you...

Hoagy

;)Top tip for expelling the white alternative to multiply.
Its from a top illustrator though I forget his name.

Firstly make your image greyscale.
Go to channels.
Select button.
Back to layers.
New layer.
Return to colour.
Fill Selection.

Its particularly useful with pencils.And is supposed to take a little heat off in the printing department.

Give it a try anyhow.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Daveycandlish

Bit more from my Jikan character, a page from a strip written by Christov and drawn by me

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Excellent stuff very good design and character. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

staticgirl

radiator

James - you're getting a lot of colour banding of that gradient in the background.

Try adding some grain or noise to the image to get rid of it.

James

Rads, I think deviantART resized it when I uploaded and caused a bit of compression glitchy stuff. The original is supersmooth. I forgot to put the highlight layer (from the glow of the lightsaber) on too, so I'll reupload it sometime. Maybe.

johnnystress

Gavin_Leahy_Block

You got too stop doing this johnny, how many complements do you need, another fantastic image.
That looks fantastic Daveycandlish very cool.

Zarjazzer

Fantastic johnnystress a good band design or a feisty pulp heroine that's going to blast those Nazis/dinosaurs/Cthulhu?
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Biggles never had tits like that! But seriously a fine piece of stress art. Come to think of it Aces Wild sounds like a good alternative-history  comic strip title. Love the type face as well. :thumbsup:

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mygrimmbrother

Johnny stress, that's severely impressive. Love the Jikan pic too Davey.

Here's another russian zombie:

Van Dom

Great stuff again.
Really cool early Yeowell vibe I'm getting off that Jikan pic Davey, nice!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

nev

Fantastic piece mygrimmbrother, the red brings it out a lot.

I present to you, the man behind the chat room. The one and only, legendary shark.

SuperSurfer

That red and black makes me feel nostalgic about the old Spider-Man Comics Weekly.