Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Blessed Earth

Started by Rogue Judge, 25 January, 2017, 07:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smith

Thats also true.And Valiant is another example.
Ofc,not everyone will give up on Big 2,but some percentage of readers will.Or have already.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Smith on 27 January, 2017, 07:04:51 AM
@RJ IDK,a lot of readers seem disillusioned with the Big 2 these days so they search for something a bit different.Maybe a mass exodus wont happen,but some deal of fans will turn away from superheroes,IMO.

Already happening, hence the constant "events", reboots and crossovers.
I actually stopped buying Big Two titles entirely, not because of some line in the sand for a favorite character or title being crossed, but because I just couldn't be bothered keeping up.

Dandontdare

Indeed - I found that secret wars and the DC new 52 were a perfect opportunity to make a clean break. AFAIC "my" universes are over, and like a smackhead that's done cold turkey, I've no desire to rekindle that crossover addiction with t-shirt superman or international business whizz Peter Parker.

I'm spending more money on Image stuff than anything else these days

Smith

For the record,old-old Superman is back,and Dan Jurgens is doing a pretty good job.Yeah I admit I reading it.  :)

sheridan

That link made for some interesting reading.  The first issue of Judge Dredd / Aliens / Predator is still selling (more than the most recent IDW Dredd).  Didn't see the more recent issues of JD/A/P making any appearances though.

Rogue Judge

Solicits are up for issue 2:

JUDGE DREDD: THE BLESSED EARTH #2 

Ulises Fariñas (W), Erick Freitas (W), Dan McDaid (A), Ulises Farinas (C), Nick Roche (VC).

It has been 10 years since the events of Mega-City Zero, and Judge Dredd continues his mission to restore order to a lawless land. Behold the mystery and grandeur of The Blessed Earth!

IndigoPrime

Judging by that cover, I hope in issue 3, Dredd is haunted by the FURIOUS ghost of Judge Lopez.

jacob g

margaritas ante porcos

BPP

East of West might want their 'horse' back tho.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

I will hesitantly be reading this series and hope that this is better than the last... I have the Annual but haven't read it yet.

Issue #3 Solicits:

JUDGE DREDD: THE BLESSED EARTH #3 
Ulises Farinas (W/VC), Erick Freitas (W), Dan McDaid (A), Valentin Ramon (VC).

Judge Dredd continues his mission to restore order to a lawless land! When Dredd seeks treatment for his strange and deadly ailment, his Mega-Train is attacked by the robot-hating Neon Knights! Behold the mystery and grandeur of The Blessed Earth!

Smith

Its still the same creative team so I think I will pass.

CalHab

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 31 March, 2017, 12:36:24 PM
Great covers, though.

Aren't they though.

As I've said elsewhere I'm really looking forward to this. I'm luckily able to take these comics on their own value and have really enough the last series and was pleasently surprised when the story was continuing. Not good 2000ad comics but good fun comics in their own right.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Michael Knight

I'm buying this. Loving the Western vibe to this from covers. Hope its better than last series which I found to be somewhat incomprehensible at times.