Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Blessed Earth

Started by Rogue Judge, 25 January, 2017, 07:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnetica

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 31 March, 2017, 07:46:28 AM
.. I have the Annual but haven't read it yet.

Me too.

Then again I haven't read the last 6 issues of Mega City Zero yet.

Come to think of it I have yet to read the last few issues of the first IDW Dredd series. And that's been, what, two years?

I will get round to them at some point, but for now I just can't summon up enough enthusiasm for them. Not when my proper 2000AD reading list is so long (even though I have read the originals already).

Still I have subscribed to the Blessed - I just can't help it.

CalHab

Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 March, 2017, 01:42:36 PM
hating that Santa beard....

It works as a visual reminder that this is emphatically not 2000AD Dredd.

Proudhuff

Quote from: CalHab on 01 April, 2017, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 31 March, 2017, 01:42:36 PM
hating that Santa beard....

It works as a visual reminder that this is emphatically not 2000AD Dredd.

Fair point  :D
I suppose its like those tan pointy shoes Hipsters wear, one look and them and you know he's a dick.  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Magnetica on 31 March, 2017, 10:27:04 PM
Quote from: Rogue Judge on 31 March, 2017, 07:46:28 AM
.. I have the Annual but haven't read it yet.

Me too.

Then again I haven't read the last 6 issues of Mega City Zero yet.

Come to think of it I have yet to read the last few issues of the first IDW Dredd series. And that's been, what, two years?

I will get round to them at some point, but for now I just can't summon up enough enthusiasm for them. Not when my proper 2000AD reading list is so long (even though I have read the originals already).

Still I have subscribed to the Blessed - I just can't help it.

Read the annual today. The good new is that is has three stories in it and is a hefty book with some really nice artwork, worth the cover price. The first story was pretty good and will lead directly into Blessed Earth, and the other two have endings that are a bit ambiguous but will likely have repercussions at some point in the future (one with connections to Mega City 2).

I actually enjoyed this more that some other IDW Dredd which is promising heading into Blessed Earth.

jacob g

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 02 April, 2017, 06:50:18 AMa hefty book with some really nice artwork, worth the cover price

It was a pleasant suprise when I recevied copy of my Dredd Annual and saw it was edition like DC prestige format of the past.
margaritas ante porcos

Rogue Judge

Issue #1 hits the stands tomorrow. Looking at the preview I like the western vibe and am optimistic it could be good...

Preview: http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1704/25/judgedredd1.htm

Also, there is this awesome Duncan Fegredo variant cover available (I don't chase variants, but would pick this up if I saw it)

Steve Green

jacob g

And now I'm happy that always when I preorder comicbooks in my LCS I order sub variants from IDW even before the announcement who the artist for sub variant will be.

Great cover.
margaritas ante porcos

blackmocco

Was pleasantly surprised by this. It's the first IDW main Dredd title to feel like it actually belongs alongside 2000AD's. I didn't even finish the last run. Don't think it's going to matter. It jumps a decade ahead. Everyone has raised their game. I liked McDaid's art good enough but found it hard to follow sometimes. This is a definite improvement. Good stuff. Well worth checking out.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

dweezil2

Quote from: blackmocco on 02 May, 2017, 07:09:45 AM
Was pleasantly surprised by this. It's the first IDW main Dredd title to feel like it actually belongs alongside 2000AD's. I didn't even finish the last run. Don't think it's going to matter. It jumps a decade ahead. Everyone has raised their game. I liked McDaid's art good enough but found it hard to follow sometimes. This is a definite improvement. Good stuff. Well worth checking out.

I agree.

The previous run started well but the storytelling became increasingly disjointed and it was all rather overwritten.
Blessed Earth #1 was very enjoyable, with its authentically sparse script and I'm appreciating the whole deconstruction of Dredd's world we're presented with here far more this time.
Hope the momentum can be maintained.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

blackmocco

According to Farinas, IDW have cut this from twelve issues to eight.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

jacob g

Quote from: blackmocco on 03 May, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

Yeah, ofcourse when Blessed Earth is improvement vero previous IDW Dredd ongoings the series will be canceled or... trimmed.
margaritas ante porcos

dweezil2

Quote from: blackmocco on 03 May, 2017, 04:01:16 PM

Bummer!  :-\
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

blackmocco

Issue #2 of this gets the hallowed blackmocco seal of approval.

www.BLACKMOCCO.com